1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors US vs EU: Who's best (no flaming)

Discussion in 'General' started by losermeetsworld, 18 May 2006.

1. losermeetsworld

losermeetsworld What's a Dremel?

1994 Mazda B3000
    3.0L V6
    4speed auto, soon to be 5 speed manual
    43k miles (amazing for an 11 year old truck... it used to be a light duty farm truck)

Paint is in perfect shape and the truck is solid as a brick, I've had it a year, never had a single problem... Been hit twice, both times the other car was totaled, not even a scratch to either bumper, no frame damage, nothing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've gone toe to toe and held my own against my friend's Mustang... He has the crappy base model... Oh well, a truck isn't for speed, however, i have aftermarket suspention and I can haul 1 1/2 tons :rock:

So why doesn't it seem like any of you from the UK drive trucks? I'm from Texas and every household has at least one truck :(

2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

because over here they cost twice as much and petrol is $9.37 a gallon

but when i can afford it i'm buying a Ram or an SRT-10.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

And they corner about as well as a brick.

4. losermeetsworld

losermeetsworld What's a Dremel?

Just a heads up, my friend has a Dodge SRT-10, and his clutch blew out after only 10,000 miles and he's had constant problems with it... NOT a reccomended buy.

5. Piratetaco

did he say it was a huge laugh to drive?

i want the Quad Cab for extra gasguzzleage.

6. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Spec wise thats a ford light duty pickup. Its a ford ranger with mazda coverings. Its a nice truck.

7. jaguarking11

I think you would be suprised.

Ive seen a chevy s10 wip a porche around the track. Its all how you tune it.

8. jaguarking11

Dude you would not buy a muscle car if you were the ritches person alive. Your a brit and all you will drive envolves a sub 2L 4banger, I think its genetic.

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Nothing wrong with a 4 banger in a lightweight car.

10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Rubbish! I'd have nothing less than a V6 in anything I drive. I've only once had a 4 cylinder engine... but it developed just under 400bhp.. but I still got bored of it because it sounded awful.

Why do I need a truck?

11. jaguarking11

Yeh? Ever had a 4-7L engine around you?

IMHO there is nothing like a nice large motor.

There was this old camaro at a local autoshow. It was a simple 350ci engine with a simple wood carburator spacer. Old school camaro. Sounded real mean with staright pipes and evern though the car was 30 years old it purred like no other. It dynoed at a hair under 400hp acording to the owner (RWHP) Still had a 4speed manual too.

Something about muscle cars gets my blood pumping.

12. Piratetaco

you're an american thus you're a retard you shag your sister and start wars with anyone who looks at you funny. you couldn't build a decent car if it hit you in the face , stole its own blueprints from japan and placed them into your pocket.

i love xenophobic generalisation.

13. jaguarking11

Thats where your wrong bud. I am european. I have been living in the US for the past 11 years. And I can honestly say that I love this country. I just like cars here better than in europe. Driven and ridden on both kinds. Nothing sings to me like pure muscle.

Your also generalising americans as rednecks. Thats like saying all brits have bad teeth.

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Yes I have, mainly small block chevy stuff... camaro, corvette etc. Nice noise... for me, noise is important, but when it comes to power, I'm afriad the Americans are light years behind.

Let's keep this civil..... I'd hate to start pulling rank, but I'll not tolerate any personal flame wars. You've been warned.

15. Piratetaco

where did you come from?

americans can only make american cars period

supercars , sportscars , luxobarges , cheapass econoboxes they've got no clue.

16. jaguarking11

From the land of Ferrari, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Fiat.....

Ive ridden all kinds of euro cars, starting from german (bmw, vw, Audi, merc, opel, porsche) Ive also ridden just about every type of italian car. I actualy have a thing about alfas. 74gtv I really like. lancia delta evo is a beast. Ive even ridden the russian and polish versions of cars, including a yougo or two.....

I happen to be a fan of the pre ford jaguars as well.

Now thats out the way, I honestly dont think you have enough experience with american cars to judje what they can or cannot do.

Supercars (saleen S7, s7tt) (sledgehammer vette from the 80's) Original cobras were more super car than most knew about them. You also have the now dead vector.

Sports cars: mustang gt (just about any year), reggular vettes, pontiac fiero (rear engine rear drive 5 speeder), ford gt. all are good sports cars, Solstice, solsstice gxp and saturn sky.

Luxoboxes: Cadillac of any kind and any year. What other car company offers night vision? Ive been in quite a fiew. And ill tell you this, its like ridding in air. Even the worst road dosent seem too bad in a caddy. To some extent the Lincoln town cars are the same thing, exept a bit less luxurious interior wise.
    I dont see anything that merc or bently can top a fully loaded sts with.

Econoboxes: lets see. Saturn (any model you choose is 10grand less than everybody else) Now the devoo based chevy aveo, The smaller mazdas by ford. Chevy cobalt @ 13grand its not a bad price for a 2door cupe or a 4 door econobox. And now the v8's with variable displacement that give you the same economy highway as a 4cyl engine.

I think ive made my point.

Last edited: 24 May 2006
  17. jaguarking11

Thats the thing though. There are two main focuses in the US. First is that the engines have to meet emisions. Meaning that allot of times they are underpowered. Secondly the magic of a big bore engine is a very flat tourque line and a high tourque point at that.

Lets compare two motors on the dyno.

4cyl 2L inline @ 400hp @ 280lb of tourque?
    v8 5.7L @ 300hp @ 500lb of tourque?

Witch one is more powerfull... Even our economy class engines push more tourque than hp. Take example the worst you can find. 140hp 2.2L ecotec. Even it pushes 160lb of tourque.

If you want 100hp per littre there is always the northstar v8 that comes factory with 450hp @ 4.3L @ 450lb of tourque. Or the buick quad cam with a 2L dispalcement and pushes 200hp @ 210lb of tourque. The dodge srt comes very close to 100hp per littre as well. So does the chevy cobalt ss @ 230hp @ 2.0L. Then you have the pontiac solstice gxp @ 260hp @ 2.0L

18. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

We should split this thread into a USA one and a non-USA one.

Itd save stupid arguments.

19. ridiculous

ridiculous What's a Dremel?

so true but they engineer the hell out of everything else. We may not be the nicest country, or the best car makers but our engineers/scientists are top notch.

you may need to exclude the new ford gt and vette z06 you just cant beat $70k and 505 hp.

...just adding fuel to the fire

20. Piratetaco

Tags: