1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable USB 3.0 fash drive disappearing during transfer

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by LennyRhys, 10 Dec 2015.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

OK so I'm having a whale of a time trying to copy approx 4GB of data from my HDD onto my USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Sandisk Ultra 32GB) via the USB 3.0 ports at the back of my mobo. I don't recall ever having had this problem before, and I don't have any such probelm with other USB 3.0 devices (namely, my Seagate Expansion 2TB, which works like a charm and is as fast as fook).

In a nutshell: anything from a few seconds to a few minutes into the transfer (I've tried it several times now), the error code I get is 0x80070037: The specified network resource or device is no longer available. Naturally, the flash drive disappears from the PC.

In Device Manager the flash drive is listed under Portable Devices with the warning triangle and the Device status is "This device cannot start. (Code 10).

I've updated to the latest Renesas USB 3.0 drivers and I also updated the firmware for the USB 3.0 controller on my motherboard (NEC 720200) and it works absolutely flawlessly with my Expansion HDD.

So is my USB 3.0 flash drive just a piece of junk or what? All symptoms point to the flash drive, but it works fine on USB 2... :wallbash:

Any input much appreciated. :thumb: