1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays USB Hub On Dell U2312HM Has Failed- RMA?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 30 Oct 2012.

1. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Hello everyone.

I've just popped my machine back on to find my keyboard doesn't work with any of the 4 USB ports on my Dell U23. It does then work when I plug it in to the back of my machine.

I've now tested this with my mouse and various other USB flash drives, I'm concluding that the USB hub has failed. So, am I entitled to RMA the monitor? It's still got more than 2 years waranty left with Dell and Scan.

In the meantime, I'll be going to the Scan store to RMA the monitor, and I was wondering if there was any other IPS panel I could look at for a similar price- which at the moment- is £180. I've seen windows 8 in the store on the glass panel Hazro monitor and it looks amazing! I would prefer a glass panel at this point, but I'll have a look on the website.

Thanks.

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

If a feature of the monitor doesn't work, of course you're entitled to RMA it.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ya for sure.
    Shipping should be free both directions, and you get to keep your monitor until you receive the replacement one, where inside the replacement one, you'll find a pre-paid shipping label. Simply stick it on the box over the old shipping label, and put your broken monitor in the box (obviously remove the replacement one, and install it), and call the pre-paid label mailing service to come and pick it up. You are done. That is of course, if you call Dell to get it RMA'ed. So you always have a monitor on your desk, you don't pay any shipping, and you don't need to worry about figuring out how to send the broken one to Dell, as you just call the mailing service to pick it up. Of course, don't forget to stick the new pre-paid shipping label over the old one. I don't know how Scan works.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2012
  4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

scan were very poor with me when replacing a faulty motherboard, and despite it being the second failiure, refused to offer "advanced replacemet" as goodbytes has said dell should.

Just a heads up if your thinking of the scan rout.

5. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

That's how Amazon operated when I had to send back my new Kindle Fire - I called them on Sunday, they had a replacement with me (even sent it to my work address) on Monday, and I used that packaging to return the duff one.

It's a real eye-opener to what proper customer service actually looks like. I would be interested to hear how the OP gets on with Scan.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Yes you are entitled to return it. Also, remember that warranty is on top of your consumer rights and not a replacement for them.

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I live close to Scan, so I will be going to the store to return the monitor. Their in store returns service is fantastic.

Now that we know what's happening with the RMA, could anyone suggest another monitor for a similar price following my second question in the OP? I would like to move up to a 16:10 panel, so a 24" would be nice.