1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals USB Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Bloody_Pete, 29 Mar 2020.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Hi All

So I got my CPU, motherboard and RAM second hand on these forums, all appears to be working fine but I keep getting some weirdness which I think is USB related. So my most will stutter often, in both movement and control, in games if I'm holding left or right click it'll do a kind of lag then they button will be just on till I click it a couple of times. Its recently been getting worse, as I've got into multiplayer games again. Sometimes it'll fully crash the USB bus, the windows will make the usual disconnect, reconnect sound and the lights on my mouse will go off and back on, although at least once its died completely and no USB devices work, but the rest of the system is fine. My USB headset also randomly bugs out and I have to disconnect and reconnect to fix it, but my 3.5mm jacked headset is fine. I tried reinstalled the USB drivers, but nothing. Could it be the RGB (both the mouse and the headset have it) overloading the ports?

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i had something similar happen when I was overclocking, check your DPC latency as it sounds like you're getting latency spikes. could be caused by a dodge driver. For me the problem was my network adapter dozing off

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

How did you resolve it?

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

There was a setting on the Ethernet adaptor in device manager that sorted it. I can't remember what it was of the top of my head but I'll take a gander when I get home from work later this afternoon.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ok, I *think* it was Interrupt moderation rate that I set to off, its been fine since.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

without knowing your machine i couldn't point you in the exact direction, try power management settings, disabling everything on your mobo that isnt in use, worst case scenario nuke it. fresh install with no drivers and see how it performs, install only the drivers you 100% know you need and test after each one.

sorry i couldn't be much more help.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I updated my GPU drivers, still getting it, but now I also get sound crackling in games ocasionally... :/ Hopefully this isn't a sign the motherboard is dying!!!