1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Problems - Help Please...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OrbDemon, 12 Oct 2005.

1. OrbDemon

OrbDemon Minimodder

Hi

I few months back, I got a K8N Neo2 motherboard with the Nvidia nForce 3 Ultra chipset. I'm running Windows 2000, SP4.

However, I have never managed to get USB devices working. My digital camera software cannot detect an attached camera, flash disk not recognised, scanner not detected etc etc.

I have tried the usual things like reinstalling chipset/motherboard drivers etc etc but with no luck.

I downloaded the USB Command verifier from www.usb.org and that threw up the following error:

[​IMG]

Has anyone had any similar probs, or have any suggestions? I'm begining to think the board may be the problem (ominously my TV turner doesn't work regardless of PCI slot).

Anyone have any ways to test/verify hardware integrity or have any suggesions for getting things working?

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Worth checking to see if you haven't accidentally set something in the BIOS. Have a look through it and see if there are any options pertaining to USB there, as on many there are options to disable it. It might also help to reset the CMOS if you can't find anything.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I have this problem on the onboard usb ports on my home server, so I am using a PCI card instead. On another thread someone mentioned that replacing the battery would solve the problem. Not sure how but it might be a try.