1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other using galaxy tab 10.1 with HD TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tabchoice, 6 Aug 2011.

1. tabchoice

tabchoice What's a Dremel?

Hi I need advice about performance on a tablet- I am planning to buy the new galaxy tab 10.1- I had considered the ipad but I don’t want to get locked into apple’s systems and prefer android, despite the small drawbacks. I plan to use the tab on holiday with a Samsung Smartphone as net access, so I don’t need the wifi model or more than 16gb memory because I store movies etc on my home pc and can swap them as I need to. The other key function is to connect to my 32” HD TV as a browser- and I know there are problems with doing this with some tablets and netbooks. I can connect the TV through the standard port on the tab using an adaptor, but I need to confirm whether the tab has the right processors to output youtube, say, at a reasonable resolution without significant problems. Has anyone got any advice about this or how I can test it out? I know when I was exploring netbook options several machines had hdmi outputs but only a few at the top end had the processors to do the job properly-