1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News UT3 delayed until next year?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Oct 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

with gears of war and halo at my disposal, i'm not really that bothered. but i'm sure this will hurt the PS3 fans, as they are serioully lacking in any thing remotely near halo or GoW.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They explained the PS3 UE3 problems rather well I thought.

4. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

1 word

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

theres a certain box with the name of a certain color due to be out soon... that will have to keep me busy then... atleast until mid nov when next eeq2 exp pack comes out and i'll have to blow through the stuff there quick... once done with the initial rush it'll be 2008 and ut3 will my schedule perfectly...

sucks to see games getting delayed and delayed, especially with highly anticipated ones like ut3... maybe they should all just put out a its done when its done instead of unreliable dates...

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Not strictly true for there is RFoM and Warhawk which are very good on PS3 plus a couple of multiplatform titles that will provide enough FPS to be getting on with, UT3 will be nice but its not like the PS3 is as starved of games as people on here think.

7. DougEdey

sandys: quick question (follow on from the cheapo PS3 thread.) do you have a keyboard and mouse for your PS3 for RFoM/Warhawk and if so what type/how much? What are they like?

8. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

this is actually good news with crysis also coming out in november and hellgate london just before that it means ill be able to spread my gaming a little although i hear assassins creed was also delayed until jan

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Unfortunately you cannot use Mouse and Keyboard in those games (although I have not tried, perhaps I should) the PS3 like the X360 only uses controllers unless the game has been programmed otherwise. I have my Logitech G15, Razer diamondback mouse and Logitech webcam (only mic works on PS3) on a switchable 4 port USB hub between PS3 and PC and PS3 picks all devices up fine and they work in XMB for messaging etc.

So you have to use Sixaxis which takes some gettting used to as the analog sticks aren't as tight as 360 but once you've got used to it the games are great, large open maps like 32 player BF2, no dodgy pop in or slow down, all very fast.

10. DeXtmL

DeXtmL What's a Dremel?

From the demo video, i didnot see any stunning physics effects.
    A physcard is not necessary for me.

Would this game's sys reqiurement be higher than Crysis?

11. DougEdey

Ah, so it's not custom mapable per game? (i.e. Square to G and so on)

12. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nope that would have to be programmed in the game I guess, UT3 is one of the first to do this for a console.

13. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

they explained their problems with the 360 too.

But still this might be interesting, they still need to hold contract with Sony meaning that the 360 version will be released even later.

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Just to let you all know that I've adjusted this article to more fully reflect the fact that its ONLY the PS3 version of the game which has been delayed and that the PC version is still on track.

Sorry about that!

15. kempez

kempez modding again!

Yes it is, I've got one

Sad to see, but I'll pick it up on PC anyway so meh

More worried about GT and GTA

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I too have played Warhawk and RFoM (played Warhawk last Sunday night actually). Both games are amazing considering they're 1st-gen and they DO fill the void of any Halo(esque) or GoW titles right now for the PS3....UT3 will be the first AAA FPS title that will really show off what the PS3 can do, but I agree with sandys both of those games are available and they are very fun and do fill the void atm. I can tell you this, if I had a PC and a PS3 and I knew my PC wasn't capable of running the game at around what the PS3 could do, the PS3 version would be my 1st choice even with this delay.....and considering you already have a Bluetooth M+K setup you'd be in luck......

17. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Oh thank God. Been waiting for UTIII since early 2005 ;).
    (Of course I'm now likely to be disappointed when I find out it's been over hyped etc. etc.)

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no you won't. just don't think/read/watch anything UT3 related until it's released and you'd be fine.

thank god PC version isn't delayed.

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You scared me there :p

20. sandys

sandys Multimodder

No it has Plenty for a machine that hasn't even been out a year. Sure if you have both 360 and PS3 then there isn't a lot to differentiate between them bar there exclusives but not every one has both and reading these forums you'd think the PS3 had no games when in fact that is not the case.

Tags: Add Tags