1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Utgard side panel problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopez, 8 Jun 2010.

1. Gopez

Gopez What's a Dremel?

I received my Utgard case for a new build today, and it's a nice looking case.

I managed to get the right side panel off, but for some reason the left side (the side underneath the mobo tray) isn't coming off.

I've taken the 2 thumb screws off it and when I pull it doesn't move at all, it feels as though it's wielded to the case.

Has anyone else had a problem with this case? Am I missing something obvious?

2. Gopez

Gopez What's a Dremel?

Never mind, I managed to get it off.

I literally had to get a wrench and hammer and tap tap tap the front end of the panel to get it off.

Hopefully that's the only problem I have with the case, as the rest of the case looks very good (compared to my ageing Jeantech Phong anyway).

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah those side panels some times just refuse to get off without violence!

I once came very close to messing things up as I didn't notice the side panels were of the hinged type, which don't slide back but swing out. Spent a good while before figuring I was doing it all wrong.

4. Gopez

Gopez What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that with this case, which was why I thought I'd post this, but it turned out it was just stuck.

Tags: