1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Utter noob requires help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by casey_cole, 25 Apr 2007.

1. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

Well I've been lurking quite a bit, and I wanted to start my own mod (of my current cruddy case), but my parents want me to really think it through first, and won't let me start modding till I've made some full CAD designs, which I agree with - I probably wouldn't have anyway.

I'm not using SketchUp, I'm using an industry piece of software called Solid Edge.

Obviously, there aren't libraries of computer parts available for SE like there are for SketchUp, and I haven't bought any hardware yet due to the parents, so I wanted some advice on dimensions of fans.

Basically four sizes, yeah? 40, 60, 80 and 120mm (maybe some others, but those are the standard ones?)

Where is that measured? Across the screw holes (would seem more logical)? Across the fan diameter? I have no idea

So, if someone could give me the outside, inside and mounting dimensions of the average 40, 60, 80 and 120mm fans, I would be most grateful.

(I'll make sure not to CAD them too near to anything else to allow for discrepencies.)

Thanks,

CC

2. Slim Slotloader

Slim Slotloader What's a Dremel?

3. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

Thanks, but I could do with a little more detail - thickness etc.

Ta,

CC

4. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

This should be of help. While the fan blades may be of a different configuration, the dimensioning of these fans are standardized, as far as I can tell. All of these images were taken from NMB Technologies Corp.
    120 mm
    [​IMG]

92 mm
    [​IMG]

80 mm
    [​IMG]

5. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

Perfect!

Thanks man, that's really helpful.

If there was a Karma or Rep function here, you'd get some :p

CC

6. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

you could also load the models available in SketchUp into SketchUp, and export them as a more useful format to you :)