1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Uwe Boll eBays roles in Far Cry

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 May 2007.

1. metarinka

metarinka New Member

first of all I wouldn't challenge uwe boll to a fight, the former boxer already KO'd a few of his critics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbVb-W7GqI including lowtax.

as a note the second and third matrix sucked as the wachowski brothers borrowed most of the first movie script, and they definately couldn't write anything that good for the 2nd or third. they just cashed in on the visual effects and the popularity.

at any rate Uwe boll gives video game to movie deals a bad name. I wonder though if his work is as terrible as it seems ( I haven't watched any) how is he still in buisness? I mean directors have had their careers ended over movies that were much better reviewed than Uwe Boll movies. But then again even waterworld was financially successful and that was the biggest box office flop of its time

2. ChromeX

ChromeX Active Member

ROFL HAHAHAHAHA awesome! well done sir! sadly true though :S

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's to do with German Tax law. I did a bit of research into him a while ago foir an article for another magazine and basically the german government will pay for a substantial part of his movies costs and give him certaintax breaks because game/movie things count as art.

Which bring us to...:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=134032

4. woof82

woof82 New Member

krikkit I love you. Although I still think UT99 is far better than ANY of the sequels. But that's just me being a hater.

Postal 2 is hilarious XD (and fantastic in every way).

I didn't know there was a movie - it must have been terrible.

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

The original Half-Life is so much better than HL2 if you take the time gap not account, by which i mean a straight comparision now makes it more favourable to HL2, but I dont think any game has ever had the impact of HL1 or been as good given its time of release......well cept Deus Ex...

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Well-Known Member

Obviously, you sir wouldn't know a good movie if it slapped you in the face with a hippo.

7. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Never underestimate the power of desperate narcissistic dork gamers with lots of cash to burn. :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags