1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vadim Cepheus Q80 gaming machine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Feb 2007.

1. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Damn that's like $10,000 in USD. For $10,000 I'd think someone would want something that nobody else could ever have without copying it. I think that's a good deal because it has the warranty. The watercooling is nice too. It's just alot of money to throw down on a pc. Plus watercooling isn't necessary on a pc of that calibre. Of course neither is quad-core or sli

2. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Can everyone please stop saying it's too expensive. It's not marketed for any of you.
    It's aimed at a (rich) person who don't have the skills/drive to mod a case.

Most of us on this forum build our own systems and mod them to reflect our own creativeness. So naturally a computer which comes pre-modded doesn't appeal to us. You could argue that it's technically a stock case as it's bought as is at retail.

For people who have an extra £1000 and no time/skill to create a case then this is ideal. The extra £1000 on top of parts would seem is enough for this company to make a profit from without alienating too many customers.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

So you'd rather have > 90'C load temps on each of those GPUs?

4. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Christ i don't even remember posting that last comment, oh well :), rough night, absolutely i agree that they didn't do it for the hell of it, it serves a purpose, and... the only part which is done for the hell of it, is the case, not needed, but its sexy, all the same :)

i don't understand why he says of that calibre like its a duron or something

Last edited: 12 Feb 2007
  5. LV2X

LV2X What's a Dremel?

I know I'm a n00b at these forums but saw this and just had to agree.
    It even says in the article

my initial reaction to this rig was ' :jawdrop: '
    I for one, will only criticise a system like this when I know I can build better
    Until then

:thumb: Vadim

6. TMM

TMM Modder

agreed. I believe it is coined WATX :thumb:

7. randosome

randosome Banned

i really like the inverted ATX design, cards which would be near the bottom of the case are then at the top, great for those motherboards which would have your gfx card vacuuming the case
    However it doesn't make the wires stretch across the board, and your PSU needs longer wires to reach too

8. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

awesome review.
    Any chance of more images (with unshrunk vers.) in future reviews. One of the things (IMO) that really sets Bit-Tech apart.

just wanted to say that tho' I would not pay that much, if I was going to the hot glue wwould really put me off..

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm looking to have "click for big" images in every review in the future - I'm just waiting on the coders to develop an image gallery (that readers can browse through). We're shooting all of the product shots with a Canon 10D, so it's not like we're short on image quality/resolution. :)

/cracks whip

10. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Tim, have you still got that in the bit-labs? Or more to the point, will you be able to retest once the new forceware drivers are out? I guess you want to do it anyway to see what it is really capable of, just thought i'd mention it.

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

Nope, it's gone back and off to a customer. :)

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've still got loads of pics: what angle do you want? I'll get a large detailed one uploaded for you.

13. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

wtf @ slicon holding the grill onto the sides of the case. that was surely slapped on with a cock :|

14. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

Are you insane? you want to NOT water-cool an over clocked quadcore and the 2 8800's? Its gonna sound like a freakin jet plane landing in the backyard with a space shuttle strapped to the top if you can even possibly manage to find a fan cooler thatll keep the quad cold and stable. I dont think it would be safe for the enviroment if you didnt water cool that.

15. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I suppose you haven't been keeping up with air-cooling technology... While it may be true that air-cooling will never reach water-cooling level, it's already close enough to get similar performance with similar sound levels as water-cooling. Enough so not to justify spending the extra money on the water-cooling system in most cases.

On that note, with the computer costing as much as it does, it would be silly not to add the water-cooling while you're at it...

Edit: Bumping an old thread F.T.L. :(

Tags: Add Tags