1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Vadim Fusion LQX Intel-775G2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Sep 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

A paint job only a trucker could love tbh. The choice of image is awfull imo.

£1000 to have the case sprayed is just ridiculous, you can get a whole car re-sprayed for that. There is no way Vadim can justify that price.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Custom airbrushing is an artform in itself, and i'm sure it takes alot of time to perfect the skills ect. but i think £500 could still be considered steep.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Spraying the whole car a single colour and airbrushing artwork is slightly different, airbrushing like that takes a lot of talent. Admittedly, £1000 is a little pricey, but I'd still expect to pay a fair whack of money to get a quality airbrush

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Voodoo Pc charges 660 -1100 canadian Dollars.. about 500 - 900 $ for a one color paint job...

so.. 500£ for a custom airbrush suddenly doesnt look that much out of proportion anymore, its just the premium you have to pay for having something special, its like buying a ferrari instead of an audi, honestly, its nothing for the "normal" person, money realy needs to be something you have plenty to spare to even consider buying a Vadim pc.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

I agree with you that airbrushing takes a lot of talent and the issue with this machine isn't that. The issue is the simple bits that were either missed or not masked properly and for a £1000 paint job, the simple stuff that shouldn't be overlooked. It's a shame, because the machine is otherwise pretty much flawless and beautiful - one I would love to own, but never will because I cannot afford it.

7. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

One of the best people to ask about the airbrushing question would be GoTall (micke) as he does that regularly himself.

very nice indeed, but I think the money spent doing that would be better spent on the same crazy innards (homebuilt) and a mod job.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

£4300 and it doesn't have 4Gb of RAM or Vista 64-bit? Wow.

Its a nice PC, but its about £1000 more expensive than it should be. The components probably add up to £2000 (including the water cooling), the paint job makes that £3000. So that leaves £1300 left for building it, testing it and warranty. That's a lot of markup. :)

9. customart.co.uk

customart.co.uk What's a Dremel?

1st a pc has to be stripped....rubbed down....etch primed....then primed again....house of kolor silver basecoat....kandy apple tangerine.....clear coated....wet flatted....airbrush artwork....kandy apple tangerine....clear coated....colour sanded....then polished....then put back together....jealousy-priceless

10. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

The proportions of the girl on the window-less side are way off. Could have done a much better job

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

plus its a low volume product.. so the cost for the equipment gets split between less products...

yes.. its expensive as hell to make it... its just that way...

12. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I just looked at the configuration tool on their website. Providing that you miss out the watercooling (£750) and the high-detailed artwork (£999) and the detailed cutting (£50-£150) they offer some genuinly reasonable prices.

I like the way they let you choose everything, even down to how long it will take to build and the packaging they ship the system out in.

I think that if you don't have much time, they look like a good company that can provide you with a system pre-made and even pre-overclocked, if you pay for that service too. Although the extra services are expensive, they do look good and they are at least very transparent - you don't have to pay for anything if you don't want to. :)

13. customart.co.uk

customart.co.uk What's a Dremel?

perhaps its the angle of the photograph, that it doesn't do it any justice

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

Vadim's company is fantastic and it's one of a kind IMHO - the machines are second to none with very few issues. If there are issues, I am pretty sure that Vadim will go out of his way to fix them because these machines aren't cheap. :)

15. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

It all goes back to getting what you pay for. Vadim PCs aren't cheap. But keep in mind, he's warrantying an OCed product. He's also warrantying his fine-tuning. I think the Ferrari/Audi is a perfect analogy - Even in our scores, we're pretty much rating him against his own previous products...It's varying levels of "Effing awesome."

You can't look at the price and say "the kit is worth X and he's charging Y, so that's a big markup." You have to look at it as "the kit is worth X, the build quality is worth Y, the years-long warranty on OCed parts is worth Z and the fact that YOU didn't have to screw around with all of that tweaking, routing, filling, testing, more tweaking, etc. is...priceless."

When you buy a top notch sports car, you're buying a total package. It's not JUST the acceleration, not just the leather seats, not just the low-slung, wide, curve-hugging body and performance tyres. All of it combined is greater than the sum of the parts. And at the end of the day, the ability to own something like that without spending YEARS researching and learning techniques to spend MONTHS building the final product...THAT is what you're paying for.

Of course, that's where Rich also had to take the points off - for Vadim, perfection is pretty near attainable. So when you buy your ferrari to find that the calipers aren't painted and the leather has a crack or split on the gearshift...it's not that it's any less awesome a product, it's that the perfection one expects from that investment, which could have been delivered, isn't there.

The nice thing is, that's why he's got a warranty...so I doubt HIGHLY that any retail client would have a long-term dissatisfaction with his or her purchase.

16. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Yes, another Vadim review! I think that the systems they make are quite good, and this is no exception. But, I do feel slightly disappointed with a few things, making the excitement of the review a bit less. Still, a nice PC.

17. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I hate the paint job, well not the paint job just the ridiculous ladies.

Painting ladies like that on the side must make the target audience between 8 & 18, that pretty much rules out the fact that anyone will buy it.

Have to agree about the £1000 paint job being outrageous as well, perhaps for an entire car but not a PC. As a one off yes, but for mass production no!

Last edited: 13 Sep 2007
  18. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

the value really killed it.

19. widmod

widmod Minimodder

were's the front conector of the sound card? looks like there would be enough place in the drive bays... :duh:
    shame that the memory is not in the loop
    but nice paint

20. neillyb

neillyb What's a Dremel?

I love the deep, rich red; it's the shockingly drawn "babe" that kills it for me. She looks like she belongs on the special bus. I completely agree with Da Rude Baboon; it's only something a truck driver (or a supreme PC geek) could love.

Tags: Add Tags