1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve delays Steam Controller to 2015

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 May 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Taking the time to respond to feedback to produce a better controller is of course a good thing, but still disappointing how long it will take!

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Same here. I think Valve knows very well how much rushing into things causes issues. If they're taking this long just for a simple gamepad, I trust it'll be a good product.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Not too bothered about it being pushed back, as the xbox 360 controller does what I want it for right now really, however I may pick one up when they are eventually released (assuming they're actually any good!)

Don't think it will do the whole SteamOS/Steam Machines platform idea any favours though.

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Its HL3 all over again....

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Unless it pushes the R&D budget into the realms of "we'll never make this back" and the whole thing gets written off instead of throwing good money after bad.

7. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I think Valve have a different outlook and aren't controlled by beancounters nearly as much as other companies. Thats why we have Valve game droughts, the game comes out when it's done and they don't rush to release in a financial window.

I'm not to fussed, pleasantly surprised with streaming when I tried it out on the weekend, can't wait to try it out on Linux and SteamOS. Perfectly happy with the 360 pads atm, but will be all over the Valve controller upon release. Next year is probably better anyway, looking at the bigger picture, as Valve won't be fighting the marketing budgets of Microsoft and Sony as much.

HL3?

8. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Valve is beyond criticism, and will lead Gaming to a New Grand Age!