1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve software Demo PC by PilouX [SHIPPED]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 8 Jun 2004.

1. Zero82z

Zero82z What's a Dremel?

Meh, Canadian beer is the best.

2. steven_m64

steven_m64 What's a Dremel?

wow damn nice work on that side pannel :jawdrop:

Keep up the good work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

very nice piloux, you still never cease to amaze me with all your idea's i loce the combine you got going on the side there, that has to be my favorite part of this whole project, and i was just wondering for curiosity could we get a picture of you and your daughter, cause i think we should all see the man behid these mods

4. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Top work as usual piloux :) You've proved that the devil is in the details (as it is with all good mods)

For the other side window, have you decided on what you're doing for it yet? I can't recall if i saw it or not...

A 6-8mm thick piece of the orange acrylic/plexi used in the same way as the side panel you've done here, over the clear acrylic that i assume you are using, lit from the bottom of each individual orange section by orange LED's would look interesting; even if it was the bottom, rear section; or even, perhaps, just two or 3 of them for an accent... Or, even cooler, would be to pay someone here to make a VU meter for it! Would be VERY cool to have flashing orange led's in time with the music/effects of the game.

Perhaps this CAD drawing will help out what i mean....

[​IMG]

5. Kelisis

Kelisis What's a Dremel?

How do you do it Piloux! Man, that was a great idea. This project is turning out to be even a bigger success then Blackmesa. Top quality work my man. For that I'll buy ye a beer! :thumb:

6. Well33t

Well33t What's a Dremel?

Hi Piloux !

Wow thats rock !! Good job ! I wanna know how do u make the logo in the orange acrylic window ?? Which tool did you use ?? Si tu peux me repondre en francais aussi ça serait bien :D

Thx in advance !

7. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

:read: post 328 to be exact

8. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

:read: post 277 Novakog asked the same qeustion post 282 is the anwser and post 328 Piloux shows a pic of it

9. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

You should make an etch like this on the window:
    [​IMG]

It's those gasmask "bad guys" from HL² (it at least looks like them)

10. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

i don't think so but thats just my thought's, and you are talking about the "Combine Soliders" i do't think it will really fit this case, honestly, but thats me not Piloux

11. Well33t

Well33t What's a Dremel?

Humm, is there another way to make the logo in the acrylic windows cuz i don't have any "CN" at my house :rolleyes:

12. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

13. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Rock on Piloux...I was one of the first persons to post in your Dark Crystal wood case project, and I was doubting the quality as I didn't think you knew what you were doing...

...then I realized it was the language barrier :duh: Of course you knew what you were doing. I really like where this case has gone, the influences from the Blackmesa case, and the rustwork so far.

Maybe you should do a HL2 logo on the broken plexi inside? You could use the foam stuff you used on the other UV HL2 logo. Just a thought. I also like the idea of having the wires run outside the case.

On second thought, why didn't you get UV reactive fans for the back? It would have been one more lighted thing, or did you not want that much highlighted...

Anyways, I don't really think I need to say good luck. Nice work. :thumb:

14. Sva4g3&*

Sva4g3&* What's a Dremel?

Where's the update at bro? Come on man I've been drooling for more since the last one, and I'm sure that plenty of people will second me :p

Hope all is going well :thumb:

:dremel:

-Rob

15. tumz

tumz What's a Dremel?

WOA!!!! That looks just sweet. :D Looks tottaly like the buildings from the picture where you've got the inspiration. Cant wait.. its like chrismas haha :hip:

16. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

I've followed your first HL case, and now this one. I am in awe at every picture you post, every idea you have, and that one picture, of the combine wall, however simple or complex it may be, caused my brain to skip an impulse. I was waiting for one of the HL2 case mod knockoffs to do something with the combine wall, but alas, it is you, the original, the true, the superior, that has taken yet another turn to glory!

I hate to rag on those who are modding similar cases, but no other rust or HL related mod can even compare to yours Piloux.

Kick ASS job, again.

This post may seem overly dramatic, but it is all true.

17. ICDragon

ICDragon What's a Dremel?

Piloux you are the modd god... keep up the good work
    :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

18. CT-Petzolinni

CT-Petzolinni What's a Dremel?

woooow
    this mod is getting better and better.
    things i thought where impossible are getting possible.

very nice work.
    see you.

19. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks for the greats comments guys :)

thanks for the idea ;) I actually don't know how I ll mod the others panel but I want something with sobriety (not too flashy)

thx , i don't want too many logo all over the case... there will be a big uv plexi logo on the front panel

that's right , I don't want a too highlighted mod in the end, the uv fans in te front panel are just in place to show somme orange color through the front grill , but they will not be view by the side window

20. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

Hey piloux that side panel is amazing. When I first saw it I didnt know what to say, it is just so darn nice.
    keep up the awesome work!