1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve software Demo PC by PilouX [SHIPPED]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 8 Jun 2004.

1. LF Hazard

LF Hazard What's a Dremel?

NO RUST ON THE COMBINE WALLS

please dont do that, in the game those walls look spotless so these also have to be
    only a little darker then what they are now

2. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

no offense to you punks but neither orange or rust would make sense, we're talking about the bright shiny alien technology clearly viewable in the 500MB Half Life 2 trailer. its good that you guys are always helpful, but from personal opinion, i think its perfect as-is

3. swirlskate

swirlskate What's a Dremel?

Some more ideas

I have a few ideas for this case, i know ur probably already done but just listen. I was looking at my tools one day when i noticed one of those long bright orange extension cords that remined me of this case. Maybe u could use those some how instead of uv reactive sleeving, also im not sure what valve has planned for the booth, but for sound you should get some of those old loudspeakers that you see in high up on poles in war movies and stuff like that. Slice the insides and put some logitech z-680's in their. They would really give the feel on half life one, but i guess your shotting for 2, but i guess we haven't really played very much.....yet....

4. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

you misspelt misspelled.

5. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Back again...

if anyone has watched the 'strider' bink vid.. of hl2, this realy show well, how these combine walls look, and piloux has got them down so well

that trailer really shows off the interactivity of the game aswell, so if theers one you bother to d/l, make it that one

its 45Mb.. and d/l it from here

http://www.halflife2.net/index.php?page=videos

if pilouz takes the hl2 look, it wont be so much rust i dont think.. well, not as much as the first hl case.. as the combine walls are basically cold.. big strong pieces of metal

6. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Hi, could i just say i love this mod, and i might make use of the rust affect, heres a question with ur effects with paint and stuff dont suppose u ever found one looking like rock? But i really love this mod mines jus a case spayed with some led's nothing unique yet all ive modded is the case/psu/fan controller/front bezel to case.

im gonna have to get piccies for it soon :D

Well done on this mod tho dude

7. berond

berond What's a Dremel?

VERY impressive work! as the guy before me said, i may take advantage of the rust effect. :dremel:

8. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks for comments guys :)

thanks ;)

I don't want to show my face over the web
    :D I prefer to show my mods:hehe:

the liquid will be ornage :)

I use a canon IXUS V2 2.1 mega pixel camera, this camera take very nices pics but all the pics I upload are compressed then the quality is not as good as the original pics...

yes the case face grill are staying , because it willo show some orange uv lightning through it from the oranges uv fans

thanks Bigz :thumb: I don't know how I missed that :duh: , the color's slot are showing it
    :D

first I wanted to put a bdge I made there but since I cut the window with logo I think this place is too much close with the big logo ... I ll do something to change that problem :)

No because Valve want to easily upgrade the grafic card in the future , then it is better to just take off a screww to change the card...

the combine wall will be dark paint, to fit the game as well :)

9. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

Another fine mod Piloux!! I was wondering, do you do all of your designing before you start to mod the case, or do designs pop up while you're actualy modding the case already. I mean with features like the b-e-a-u-tifull combine wall

Garbach

10. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

well , generally i start with a general idea of what I want to do and others ideas and details come during the realisation... I never draw plans , may be I had rather to make plans... but I often prefer following inspiration :)

11. theagent

theagent What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

dark paint eh? make sure its a flat colour and that you wash your ears before you go to bed tonight, or i'll have to bust out the yardstick

12. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Hey, the same way, like i do modding
    :hehe:

i just need plans for the electric part ;)

13. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

I must say ... Another masterfully done case by ... The Master Artist , Piloux
    DB

14. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Update time !

here are few pics ; I nearly finished the wiring, lot of work on it :wallbash:

all hardware parts and watercooling parts in place :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cpu

[​IMG]

x800pro and ram

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unfortunately , there is not enough place to integrate the box I made at the beginning, then I had to find other solution...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are 2 10 cm cathodes :

[​IMG]

the wiring on a good way:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

15. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have still the right side panel lightning to do , I m waiting for parts for it ...

stay tuned guys :thumb: :dremel:

16. MaxiKana

MaxiKana What's a Dremel?

Wow! looking awesome Piloux! But please, one word of advice, don't overdo it with the rust!

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thx :) , no it will be rust just enough ;)

18. MaxiKana

MaxiKana What's a Dremel?

I haven't really followed this thread, only the pictorial log. So my questions might have been answered already.

Are you only making a case? or will you mod the mouse keyboard and monitor too?

Are you getting payd anything to make the case? or did valve only pay for the expenses of the case? or do you not want to talk about it?

When do you think that it will be ready?

19. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Just Awesome!
    Have the people at Valve seen any pics of what you have created for them ?
    If they havn't seen any yet , you are going to nock there socks off! (astound them!)
    Very Well Done
    DB

20. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Just an idea, have you thought of orange uv molex's as the white ones dont really fit with the theme.......unless your going to do that and i missed it.

[​IMG]

Also would it be better to put the ram in slots 2 & 4 then, the green/yellow slot will be hidden a bit more as the slots dont really fit with the theme.

just an idea, but the mod is so amazing to look at already, i dont think you would really notice it.