1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve software Demo PC by PilouX [SHIPPED]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 8 Jun 2004.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

Holy crap man.

Excellent news on valve asking you to build a working display PC. :thumb:

I'm sure it will be another work of art.

Do you get to keep the PC after Valve have finished with it ?

2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

someone ban his ass right now^^

3. Robster

Robster New Member

I vote for the ban

and project is worth the time and hey it is an honor to be asked to do a mod for any company

4. jezmck

jezmck Well-Known Member

this is bound to be a great mod, good luck piloux!

5. autocan

autocan New Member

Bon courage piloux :thumb:

6. papeniglio

papeniglio Member

Good luck man! You're a very lucky modder... :wallbash:

7. Thunder_return

Thunder_return New Member

What are you waiting for?

GO GO GO!

8. Jesterjedi

Jesterjedi New Member

Congrats piloux i'm sure this mod will turn out to be another spectacular feat and well designed.

Goodl luck with the mod, my eyes and quite possibly everyones on bit will be glued :D

9. AsEeL

AsEeL New Member

Ik geloof niet dat Piloux Frans spreekt, zijn engels is veel te goed voor een Waal... :p

Je ne crois pas que Piloux parle francais, L'anglais qu'il parle est trôp bien pour un Wallon... :p

I dont believe Piloux speeks French, his English is way to well for a Wallon :p

So here you have it, all 3 languages so there wont be a mistake :p

10. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

wow... nice :)

i loved the rusted effect you got with the old PC.. are you sure that the rusted paint job is durable enough for a display PC though?

11. MrTroy

MrTroy New Member

respect.

12. Buzku

Buzku New Member

I watched the pics on 1st post again and all I can say that u have nice HW! Lanparty! Ohww... :D

13. GUIGUI

GUIGUI New Member

well, the third language should have been german, not english. :D

14. Jonas79

Jonas79 New Member

I know you will do great :D I loved both the darkcrystal and the blackmesa. You got some serious skills :rock: I think you should go with the same theme as the blackmesa but with a little less stuff. If you add old style switches on the front, connect them to something so they have a purpose :)

Good luck :thumb:

Note: To end all discussions, piloux is french speaking. There are more important things to talk about here :D

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=613965#post613965

15. EdHunTer

EdHunTer New Member

all is nice and stuff but when is the thing actually gonna get started ? :)
    i'm really eager to see this one take form :)

16. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

<bitter rant>
    ok, while I respect the people on these forums... WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP COMMENTING WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE!? Fanboyism really gets on my nerves when you do this... Stop making comments already PLEASE! Everyone is just saying how awesome Piloux's previous works are, when we all already know that you love them! Get a clue! Piloux hasnt even started the frikkin case yet! SO SHUT UP ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING IT! WE ALL ARE! WE DONT NEED TO HEAR ABOUT IT FROM ALL OF YOU!!!!!!! :wallbash:
    </bitter rant>

17. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Congratulations Piloux,

No AMD? I can probably hook you up.

18. Davedude

Davedude New Member

Usually intel's are considered overpriced and amd's are a bargin - who knows what you're talking about. And a 3.2P4 isn't as good as an FX-53 or 3800+. And the Raptor II's (74gig ones) have a slight speed increase on the 36's... not even close to what you said - not even remotely close. But I would never get a non-raid setup again, it's quite important whether you have 36's or 74's. :eek:

And Piloux... I figured you could probably get ahold of the X800XT :naughty:.

I can't wait to see what you're gunna do with it!!! Lets get going... wheres the pics! (that was for you RotoSequence) :)

19. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

If I were you I'd actually LOOK at the prices of the processors rather than repeating, parrot-fashion, some outdated rubbish about Intel being a rip-off and AMD a bargain hunter's dream. This may have been true five years ago, when AMD wasn't such a big player and they had to massively undercut Intel's pricing to win customers, but times change. AMD is now every bit as respected as Intel, and the prices reflect this. Generally, the chips compare fairly evenly on a price/performance basis.

The FX-53 is well over double the price of a 3.2 Prescott and even a 3800+ is going to set you back a LOT more than the Intel. Add in the fact that, until socket 939, A64 doesn't support dual channel RAM, and the FX line only supports registered dual channel RAM, and as I see it, for a high spec system, the odds stack in Intel's favour. Sure, if you're all about performance and sod the expense, then an FX-53 is probably the way to go, but in my mind unless you've got so much cash that you wipe your butt with £50 notes, an FX-53 just isn't worth the price.

It's all personal choice, but personally I won't consider A64/FX-5x until socket 939 is established. But then, I'm not in the market for a motherboard until PCIE is rolled out and the (inevitable) teething troubles are ironed out.

20. plagio

plagio New Member

I can't wait to see your project getting done. I thought I couldn't wait to see HL2 getting ( eventually ) in the market .... who gives a smeg about the game anymore.

Sure it would be as great as the first one was.

Consideration: the two mods I really really like are HL2 and the Orac³ ... looks like that to make a valid mod you do need a valid inspiration.
    Cheers, plagio, Rome

Last edited: 11 Jun 2004