1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve still hates the PlayStation 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Aug 2009.

1. freedom810

freedom810 Member

Hey its Valves loss, they are missing out on a large portion of the gaming community that has easy potential to make them a lot of cash. (24 million PS3's) Seems like a stupid business move but good for them, ill stick with my PS3 and tell them to hurry up with HL:EP3 :)

2. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

I, as an owner of a PS3, hate them. They. Look. Awful. Game selection is rather exclusive and not very friendly. Great games that aren't exclusive to PS3 aren't going to perform better on the PS3 and WTF is up with no USB while its off :(

3. Aracos

Aracos New Member

He really needs to stop complaining, I'm not a PS3 fanboy and usually hate everything sony but to say
    it's complete balls. Look at the N64! By no means the best of consoles, outshadowed by the ps1 and yet it had a game considered one of the best ever, OoT :)

It does say bad about the console when everyone who defends it for having good games always lists the same games XD

4. AWowzer

AWowzer New Member

As a ps3 owner i am really grateful that sony has lots of in house studios and studios that only code for sony like naughty dog and so on because otherwise we would not have any good exclusives like heavy rain and uncharted because no 3rd party would want to code for a platform that has the smallest user base and is hard to code for.

the saving grace for ps3 is that the user base is just sufficient that most 360 games are usually released on ps3. and now developers have got their heads round the awful ps3 architecture, it is optimised enough to look in most game cases as good as the 360.

wish they had gone similar to the 360 route. stuck a decent intel duo core and made it off the shelf architecture. the machine would be cheaper to produce and sell, therefore would sell more, higher user base and easy to code for encourage more 3rd party exclusives.

i'm glad gabe never shuts up about it. when someone as powerful as him does it, others feel safe in joining him.without widestream criticism,sony dont change

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

both the ps3 and 360 only have a handful of games that make the system worth buying.

360 has alot more games obviously but it also has alot more average and sucky games. both the 360 and ps3 have pretty much the same about of 'awesome' games. it does boil down to personal preference obviously because for me there are zero games on the 360 that interest me while there are a quite a few on the ps3 that do. and many people feel the same way I do along with people feeling the exact opposite.

i still say watch out for when the PS3 Slim and a price cut come. The gap between the 360 and PS3 will start to close quickly. In some places it's almost double the price of the 360 yet the 360 is barely outselling it.

if Valve want to rob themselves of a ton of money just because they can't have their way all the time then I really dont care as none of their games interest me anyways. i've never played half life and dont care to.

6. Aracos

Aracos New Member

lool don't say that, the HL fanboys WILL ATTACK! ^_^

7. Sathy

Sathy New Member

I wonder how and why BT seems to have taken a side on covering what Mr. Newell says and doesn't say.

He did apologize for the poor quality of Orange Box in the very same "interview" which is the source of this news. How does that translate to support the topic of Valve HATING the PS3? Why even use such a word as hate, as I'm sure it has nothing to do with something as childish as hating to begin with.

This bit of news has slipped quite far from good journalism in my opinion and is only serving as further reference to the already stupid levels of opinions being boxed (ie. PS3 is the best and Valve can **** off for all I care, their games are **** anyway...etc.).
    I've never seen the point in deliberately choosing not to like something without trying something, but I guess I just need to choose to try to think in a box to get it.

Judging from the amount of comments, at least it does that well. Whether or not that is something to be happy about is another matter.

From what I can see, if they choose to not develop games for a console for a reason, be it that it's more difficult to code, or the manufacturer support isn't what they'd wish or what ever, so be it. Why make it into an issue on either side, just live with it.

The rest would be stating the obvious; if you like Valve's games, you know which platforms you can play em on. If you haven't played em...well, that's just too bad.

8. flapjackboy

flapjackboy New Member

Um, the 360 uses a triple core PowerPC architecture chip. The Cell processor in the PS3 is also PowerPC architecture.

EDIT: In fact, the 360's chip cores are based around the main PPE unit from the Cell.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2009
  9. interzen

interzen Real men use chainsaws.

Got shot of mine ages ago ... even managed to turn a profit on it, too :) (admittedly, I bought it cheap off a mate originally)

Whilst the PS3 didn't suffer from the 'spaghetti publishing' (ie. chuck it at a wall and see what sticks) that blights the 360 with it's endless parade of production-line FPSes etc., the number of games that appealed to me was very small indeed and some of the exclusives were ultimately disappointing (LBP, I'm looking at you ...) and it barely cut it as a Linux box.

I won't go so far as to say that the PS3 is a multi-level disaster, but Sony sure as hell dropped the ball and are too afraid to admit it.

Tags: Add Tags