1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U VC games locked to original territories

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themax, 31 Dec 2006.

1. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=11066

According to this short snippet from an interview with Ernesto Fernánez-Maquieira the games available on the Virtual Console will be region locked according to their original releases.

Dunno how this affects most of you with European Wii's. I just know I'de be upset at not being able to play some games like Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger (assuming they become available on VC).

I hope that artcle is a good source.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Hope this isn't true, I would love to play Earthbound and Fire Emblem!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

How this does not surprise me. Nintendo seem to enjoy region coding everything for reasons I can't fathom. Wii will be region free? NOT. VC games will be avaliable for all? NOT.

Woo. There is very little appeal in it now.

4. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Easier for them to bash 'em out I suppose without needing additional certificates and what not? Presumably old software distro deals and such? I dunno. It's a bit lazy if you ask me - what I'm more annoyed about is that despite the TV's having caught up in the 50/60hz area, the games are still stuck there - Sonic with MASSIVE borders is jarring by modern standards.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I suppose you are right, but still, annoying and depressing that the percieved investments override gamers wanting to play their products.

Tags: