1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Velodyne VX-10...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stew, 24 Sep 2003.

1. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

.....Arrived today :D

2. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Nice :D

Piccies? A mini review? Please :)

I am considering getting a sub myself to compliment my B&W 602s for music, obviously this is very tricky as matching the sub to the speakers is hard as is getting it to sound right, but it can work nicely IMHO (thinking of getting a pair of REL Quakes in the long run, thats £600 or so though :/). Everyone one the AVForums seems to rave about a lot of Velodynes range.....

3. micb

micb Minimodder

Nice a VX 10 pritty much the best low price sub, it should sound good, what you connecting it to?

AV setup, Hifi, Computer?

4. micb

micb Minimodder

The pair REL Quakes will not complement the your speakers that well, they wont have much more bass extention then your 602's to be honest.

If you want a subwoofer to do the 602's justace you want a good subwoofer that can drop right down to 20 hz.

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I need no subs :)

If it pump out music loud enough out of my 603-S2's I can make my computer mouse move all by itself :D

me likes.

6. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

Heres a pic

[​IMG]

Looks gorgeous, Its going into my AV system, Tannoy Mercury MXM's/Pioneer VSX-C100 Amp.
    Not having had a sub before, I can't compare it with anything for a proper review, aslong as it pisses the Mother off I'm happy ;)

As for the the Rel Quakes, all I have heard is this thing will dump all over them,
    bear in mind that was from the AV Forum, where they are very Pro Velodyne..

Heres the specs-

http://www.velodyne.com/pages/productsp/vx-10_series.html

Note, the Americans get an ugly black box whilst they give us something out of an Austin Powers movie :hehe: :hip:

If your interested, I got mine for £199 from Good old Uncle Eric. :)

7. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Looks mean that does, the big V sign over the driver (simulating the gesture the neighbours will give you if you decide to put on Saving Private Ryan at 3am with DTS and everything turned up to silly volumes...)

I had the REL Quakes recommended to me, haven't listened to them myself though and I certainly wouldn't buy without listening. A bit more bass wouldn't go amiss though, the 602s are very punchy but don't seem to go that low.

REL usually make superb subwoofers, some say the Quake is very good and isn't susbtantially worse than their other models, but then other people say its not really a proper REL in that its quality is not as good, the speaker/driver unit itself is not nearly as good as in the higher REL models, and that a REL Q-150E or something even more expensive would be a better bet. But then thats even more money I don't have at the moment :sigh: so its just something I'm gonna have to think about.

8. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

nice

its a odd think where we all give a nod of respect a sub aint it (i would nod but my neck hurst too much)

9. micb

micb Minimodder

I would pick a VX-10 over a REL Quake any day of the week.

To be honest I did not like even like the REL Q150 and the like REL subwoofers, it is very expencive subwoofer for what you get, the Velodyne CHT-10 is far cheaper and performs very well indeed.

There are many people (espessally on the AVforums) who have sold there expencive REL's once they listened to the Velo CHT-10 priced at around £325.

10. overfloe

overfloe What's a Dremel?

oooh that V grill :waah: i rather spend a bit more to get MJ pro 50..