1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding VFD Display

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MeRviN, 7 Aug 2005.

1. MeRviN

MeRviN What's a Dremel?

I have got a VFD display that i have had lying round for a while i was just wondering if any one hes seen a similar one working or even if it could be used?

I think it is a Noritake Itron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ARM

ARM Minimodder

Hi Mervin,
    Try looking at the LCD Faq in the Electronics forum. I haven't gone through it thoroughly to see if they have your particular model, but there's lots of info on LCDs and VFDs.

ARM

3. mingingbollock

mingingbollock Minimodder

Looks like one of the older noritake serial models , have a look on there site or give noritake a mail , if its one of theirs they are pretty good at customer service and will help if they can .

http://www.noritake-itron.com/

4. MeRviN

MeRviN What's a Dremel?

I Think this is the one VFD GUK126x32-623 PDF i have not got a clue what i would have to do to get it working if any 1 could have a look at the pdf and let me know if i could use the display?

5. MeRviN

MeRviN What's a Dremel?

Has any one had chance to have a look at this for me?

6. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

First, that is not the exact datasheet you want. The CON1 connector you have is 8 pin, the datasheet has only 6 pins. This may or may not matter, but its prudent to get the right datasheet.

Secondly, it is quite possible to get this working. It is a serial display, so you will either have to find an obscure program to run it, or write your own. But it should not be that difficult. Just make sure to note that the serial input is TTL level (0-5V) and that the PC serial port is RS-232 (-12V to +12V). You will need a MAX232 chip to hook it up to a computer.