1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Card Cooler

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by sheridan, 5 Dec 2006.

1. sheridan

sheridan What's a Dremel?

I was thinking about getting on of those AC NV5's to cool my graphics card.

I was reading some reviews that say don't put Arctic Silver 5 on a video card because it's not a CPU and don't treat it like one... and it will fry your card?

Can anyone help?

2. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

bah never heard of that, bunch of c*** if you ask me. I will be using AS5 on my GFX card after crimbo when I get a new cooler.
    I am also sure I have seen it being used.
    Just make sure it only gets on the chip and not anywhere else. Use the same "technique" as you would for cpus, maybe put a bit more on due to larger core size.

But I don't believe you will have any problem with it.

3. sheridan

sheridan What's a Dremel?

It will also be going on the memory chips, not just the GPU it's self.

I think if I put a line of silicon on the memory chip contacts, it should be alright.

Thanks.

4. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I don't think there is too much need for the silicon, but you could always use a different TIM.
    Link goes to the AS5 page, just follow the intructions for either intel or AMD, they are basically the same.

Another link from bit showing how to put a GPU waterblock on. He used AS5 on his, so just use a very small amount and you should be fine.