1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ VIDEO // DAWN OF WINDOWS, 35 Years Jubilee of Windows, COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 30 Aug 2020.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

Hi Dave, getting a 4:30 ratio 9" screen is indeed hard. I found mine at www.pollin.de.
    but it is a 16:9 ratio. i built a black frame inside the 4:3 old screen front. so when looking at it you see 4:3 and when on its conemascopes it to 16:9.
    keyboards are a different issue, at least for my windows mod. i needed a very flat one, which when mounted can be flat enough as not to disturb clapping the fromt on as a dust cover.
    i dont think you will have that problem with your matra.
    you sound as if you have a plan so i am really curious. the matra has for sure a lot of potential. will you keep the curved glass screen.

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Thanks abbas-it, I will look around that website and see what the have on offer, I did find 1 screen today but its also a widescreen, 16:10 I think it is as it is 1920x1200. I do want to keep the glass as you did, I removed everything from the case today and the screen is sitting waiting for me to cut it up. What sort of blade did you use on your angle grinder ?

gutted.JPG screen.JPG

3. abbas-it

yeah, there it is. i cut mine with a side grinder and while sprayxing water on it all the time. just behind the metal clamo strip.
    first of all rememeber to devavuum it by banging in the pins so the air can rush in. do wear a mask, the phosphore is poisonous. also gloves, because it is glass. have someone spray water on it while you are grinding. its glows redt hoit but is constantly cooled. i have done it twice and bother were successfull.
    goodd luck!

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Thanks, good job you pointed out to bang in the pins as I would have just started cutting. Is the disc you used on your grinder just a normal one you would cut metal with ?

5. -EVA-

-EVA- What's a Dremel?

Absolutely perfectly done! I love old computers refurbished with new hardware in them!

6. abbas-it

Thx Eva. This is the second one I refurbished. I really must say it's also becoming a new passion of mine after this and the commodore. It's fun hot rodding old shells into new state of the art pcs.

@dave. Yes it was a simple 1mm metal cutter disc

Dave Lister likes this.