1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Video Editing

Discussion in 'Software' started by MarkW7, 12 Mar 2012.

1. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

I've got some .MOV files (Video: 720P HD H.264/AVC1 video codec, 1280 x 720 30fps .mov) that need cropping (only need certain bits of video), sections of audio adding such as bleeps (not an entire audio track), and to add an intro to the front and text etc through out.

I've tried Avidemux and Wax 2.0... not having any luck with either of them and left royally pee'd off with video "editing".

Just wonder what you guys use / recommend, ideally free.

2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Free? Try jahshaka . Haven't used it in forever, so can't comment on the quality of v2.

Only semi-related, but look what's coming to photoshop:

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

nero 11 isn't bad for amateur stuff like that.. not expensive either

the best combo is aftereffects/premiere out to media encoder.. it does practically anything your mind can think of, but high learning curve (lot of tutorials out) and lot of money in software/plugins

4. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

Jahshaka keeps crashing :miffed:

5. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

I use Corel Videostudio, its not bad, comes with a 30 day full version to try it out. its pretty straightforward "drag and drop"ish. Basically if you ever used Ulead Videostudio, Corel bought it then branded it as their own, then took over development.

Its not bad for amateur stuff, just to get the job done :)

6. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

7. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

Been using VideoPad Video Editor, very happy with it so far.

8. happysack

happysack goodateverthinger

Windows live movie maker is easy free just to do what you wanted.

Also my nan could use it, so easy

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I would have suggested WLMM as well but it will no longer work with videos that I record using Fraps.

Thought it was a issue with my windows install as I have had a few issues over the last few days, and just got it all reinstalled recorded a quick 2 minute video with the older and newest version of Fraps that I have, and WLMM will not recognise the video at all.

I now have to convert from .avi to .mp4 before WLMM will even touch the files.

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

check out nero if you can mark, it's cheap and has some pro effects.. I don't really use the free stuff cause have aftereffects- which is as good as it gets really.. made this snake from scratch as an example in aftereffects and added effects in premiere

windows movie maker isn't bad either like happy suggested, but it doesn't work with all formats.. anyways here's nero.. just one of the transition effects http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPqgWkzlYng&t=0m31s

http://www.nero.com/eng/nero-video11-edit.html

11. October

October Mariachi Style

Lightworks has a free version available at the moment. The Departed (plus a whole mess of other stuff) was cut with it so I'm pretty sure it could handle a few simple trims :thumb:

12. Itchy Rim

Itchy Rim Minimodder

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 is one of the best but it has a bit of a learning curve.

Itchy Rim