1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Image

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by greshoff, 6 Apr 2006.

1. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

Hi,

I used to be able to watch video content on my computer. Either using Power DVD or WMP. When I nowtry to watch DVD's or downloaded videos I can hear the sound track but I cant see the image. I dont know how this has happened. Any advice on getting the videos to work would be mich appreciated.

Thanks
    Martin

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Try re-downloading a codec pack, see if that helps.
    There's some software called "g-spot" (go careful when you google ;)) that'll tell you what codec you need and afaik give you a DL link too

3. seebul

seebul Minimodder

Yeh as Highland3r said, you've probably lost/dont have the codec that the video needs to play. This is the most common one that you will need www.divxmovies.com/codec

:thumb:

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Have you ever downloaded a trial of NVidia's Pure Video? If so, when teh 30 days expires that's what happens. It puzzled me for a while. I had to either remove it, or buy it to get my video working with Power DVD and Media Player.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No. (to gspot)

Use CCCP and Zoomplayer/BSplayer or VLC.

Remove ALL your codecs beforehand.

6. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. No to NVidia's Pure Video, never installed it. How do I remove ALL my codecs. Where can I get CCCP and Zoomplayer/BSplayer or VLC from?

Thanks

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Remove all your video codecs using the add/remove feature. Have you got stuff like xvid/divx/ffdshow installed? You might want to remove power dvd as well, then reinstall it afterwards, however VLC player will play DVDs. Just google them.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

8. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

Thanks for replies. I have got the image working on WMP for playing DVD discs, It does not work with viewing WMP files on the internet. Power DVD still does not show the image. I have installed various codec packs. Any further suggestionswould be most useful.Thanks

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's the problem, when you install too many codec packs they conflict. Install just enough to get it working then leave it.

10. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

Thanks for the reply.
    When I installed the codec packs I tried them one by one and uninstalled them when I discovered they didn't work. I didn't install them one after the other with out uninstalling the previous one so the possibility of conflicting codecs was minimized. Still have not found a solution the the problem

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There's something more fundemental the problem then. Video card drivers, or your OS.

12. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

Hi,

Problem solved. It was the current ATI video driver that was causing the problem. Reverted to the previous driver now all isworking as it should.

Thanks for your input.

Martin

13. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I had this while ago, fixed by installing either a newer or older media player incase anyone has his problem...