1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Video Library Software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by modgodtanvir, 4 Nov 2008.

1. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Could someone recommend me a piece of software to help keep tabs of my video library?

I have a growing collection of anime series and things like Top Gear and South Park - and a lot of movies stored on drive, but I would love something to put these all in a library and would allow me to add descriptions and rename them in batches and whatnot... maybe assign cover art tags and put in genres and dates...

What would be perfect is something to work with my VLC Media player which plays all the file types... though I suppose anything will do.

So, iTunes for your video. Does it exist?

Cheers,
    MGT ;)

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

My Movies i beleive does this really well although i have not used it myself

as for renaming i use Flash Renamer its very good and very simple

3. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I use Collectoz.com Movie Collector.

A fantastic bit of software that will build a HTML catalog for you. What I did was add links on each movie page to the file in my library - click the link and VLC opens the file.

The results and flexibility are fantastic, I searched for quite sometime before finding a library software this extensive. The features are many.

They offer a few decent themes but if you export the library to HTML you can make any theme you want by modifying the CSS file.