1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Gascan1888, 24 Jul 2006.

1. Gascan1888

Gascan1888 What's a Dremel?

Ok heres my problem. i transfered some videos off of a camcorder onto a pc. that pc plays the files fine. but now that i've transfered the files to my system running vist the only way they will play properly is if i open them manully in power dvd. if i try to open it in windows media player or movie maker. all i get is a static the resembles parts of the movies. anybody have any ideas whats going on ?? it has me baffled :wallbash:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

sounds like its either xvid or MP4 styled codecs, I have the same problem and now use Media Player Classic to open them.

Every time I open any video thats compressed in WMP I get a delay and an error, but most of them play fine after.,

3. Gascan1888

hhmmm so how would i go about fixing this?? i realy want to try the movie maker on vista. were can i grab some codecs ??

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

google for video codec packs.

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I've found ffdshow to be quite a good pack - it includes plenty of codecs, but its XviD one is lacking slightly. Grab the official XviD from xvid.org :)

6. Gascan1888

ok, i grabbed those codecs, and installed them. so now windows media player will play the movies fine, but movie maker wont :wallbash: ! that seem strange to anyone else ?