1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Reviews?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by alastor, 31 Dec 2008.

1. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Having just read a review of the new ATCS 840 over at Hexus, I thought their inclusion of a video talkthrough of the case was great. It's a very good way to show off specific features of a case and it seemed to make it a lot easier to judge the size.

Any chance of bit getting in on the act? Would be awesome to see Joe and Harry at work :p

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16386&page=3

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'll second that.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Previous to being owned by Dennis we've never had the time or budget - it would have sacrificed the quality of reviews and we realised we didn't have the expertise to do it to the caliber you expect.

However, 2009 should change this.

At least, I hope... it's on the list.

;)

4. kenco_uk

You mean you'd have done one, but couldn't get a wide enough angle'd lens to film Harry reviewing a case after eating all those cheesecakes?

5. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Surely you mean to get his Grin in?

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

na they just kept getting cheesecake on the lense, and leaving cheesecake everywhere, which makes the place very messy, and distracting from the review.

7. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

What is it about the staff of bit tech that makes them so addicted to cheesecake?

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Its cheesecake, dosen't need explaining. Now be quiet before you wake Tim with all this talk of cheesecake, hell even bindi might chase you with his cheesecake fork! lol!

9. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Ive got a whole rack of cheesecake forks downstairs, Im very partial to some plain cheesecake with biscit base, authough im not on for chocolate cheesecake, it seems they added chocolate just because its chocolate and now a days it needs to be in everything

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Then you're in the right forums, it seems :)

I think video reviews would only be useful with cases; when reviewing games and internal components, it's not very insightful. But with cases I think it'd be absolutely first rate, because cases are such an aesthetic thing that it's almost impossible to get a good idea of what a case is like from a written review.

11. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

I aggree, thinks like cases and basicly, anything else you would want to see before you purchased it would be good in video reviews, and mabye, more than just reviews, I would be fine with a big gap between articles if sombody say, wanted to spend a lot of time doing a video watercooling guide, or video cable sleeving, two things im griping with at the moment and would dearly like to see sombody set up/do.

12. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

if you do use video for reviews, please use discretion. short clips that serve as sort of moving images, rather than those "video reviews" that people post to youtube. i still want to be able to read the review, not watch it.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I don't want to have to hear Bindi's voice. Word on the street is that he sounds like Brian Blessed on LSD...

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Jan 2009
  14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

dang surprised bindi didn't use his ban hammer mafia style on your knee's!

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I never said that Brian Blessed on LSD was a bad thing. In fact, I recon that would be very very funny.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

IM BRIAN BLESSED AND THIS IS THE A SEE TEE ESS EIGHT FOURTY CASE! IT'S GOT A CAMEL INSIDE!! WONDERFUL!!

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Class. :clap:

18. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

i just wee'd a little:D

19. kenco_uk

20. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

thats awesome!