LOL Videos of awesome

Discussion in 'General' started by VipersGratitude, 1 May 2009.

1. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

No doubt, it's a lot of power for the money. However, the same rules as with any other purchase apply; you get what you pay for. This Mustang won't handle like, say, an M5, and it isn't built with anything like the same quality or attention to detail. If what you want is raw power, then it's excellent. If you want a sports car...

That said, if I was going to get a Mustang (I actually would prefer a Charger) that was iconic and powerful, I wouldn't get a new one, I'd get a classic. These retromobiles are aping something that was pretty much perfect in the first place.

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

You've never driven a classic Mustang then I take it :) Perfect is not something that springs to mind. I love them all... but trust me, they're hard to live with. Brakes that effectively don't work, old fashioned steering boxes that have no feel whatsoever, and handling so bad it borders on dangerous. Now I wouldn't care about that.... because that's part of Muscle car ownership, but you, or anyone else that prefers a M5 over a new GT500, would seriously hate a classic Mustang.

I see your point re: handling, but your comparing a sports car to a muscle car. Muscle cars are not, and never have been about handling. If you want handling, buy a sports car. If you want brute force and thunder.. buy a muscle car. Each to their own. I'd be bored of an M5 in a few months... probably less actually.... no character... no soul.

3. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Have too! :D

Drove a friend's parent's 1969 'Stang (it's a bitsa, not a numbers-matching, and sports upgraded brakes). Those problems are what make it perfect, like the same friend's DB6, Facel Vega and SI E-Type. The problem is I expect more from a modern car. Anyway, back to the video;

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

If only they would put it in a 1967 Gt500E body.

5. Pookeyhead

That Victor is just mental !

There's no such thing.

6. Lovah

Well then, just whatever it is you get when you google that.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

How do people still not get it?! HOW? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the remake even after seeing and loving the original, but the fact that people don't know anything about the cars featured in either just annoys me to no end :miffed:

8. Lovah

Not that hard to get. Everybody calls it a 1967 Shelby GT500. How is anybody supposed to know what it really is? Google > Truth.

9. Unicorn

Now you're even more confused than ever. Congrats.

10. Lovah

Yes, this will keep me up all night now! :rolleyes:

11. Unicorn

The car in the remake was the GT500E, designed by Shelby for the film and completely custom built for the film.

The car that it was based on is the 1967 Shelby GT500.

The car in the original film was a late 60's Mach 1 AFAIK. Pook will correct me if I'm wrong, this topic has been covered before on bit-tech but I can't remember where.

12. Pookeyhead

Almost right. There actually was no Shelby designed GT500E in the 60s... What Shelby did was offer a "continuation" model based on the film car until he got sued by Halicki's estate. He was just cashing in on the film as he saw it as an infringement on HIS car anyway.

Correct... which looks like this...

[​IMG]

...although it was MEANT to be based on that... I don't think they actually used real GT500s... just normal 67 fastbacks.... I think. I'd be shocked if anyone actually ruined a real GT500 for the film.

Almost right... it was a 73 Mach 1.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
    Unicorn likes this.
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

lookie lookie

14. Unicorn

Thanks for straightening me out :thumb: +rep :)

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Didn't laugh this good for a long time (a bit older video, but i didn't find it here) :

16. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

which could never beat the original from the UK series...

although my personal favourite from that show was...

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I love it when someone insults a guy's car. It's entertaining.

18. Unicorn

What did you post? I can't even remember :hehe:

19. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Sorry for being late to the posts, but the LRA on the mustang sucks. I drive a mustang and unfortunately I was raised in a household with a rally driver for a father.

Coming from cars that handle incredibly well to the mustang has taken some adjusting. Mind you I got it for free so I cannot complain but when it comes down to it these are the things I tell most people when they ask what I could improve about the car.

1 - Heavy, it needs to go on about a 500lb diet.
    2 - GET RID OF THE LIVE REAR AXLE!!!
    3 - Better shifter design. OEM has no spring assist, it is uncomfortably far forward compared to most stick shifts, and the clutch travel is long and heavy (I like the last one but many people don't)

20. Pookeyhead

The Sketch Show! not seen that in a while! Thanks for that! :)

Then it wouldn't be a Mustang.

Spring assist on the shifter? Stop being a big girl! It's a damned muscle car :)

There have been several Mustangs with IRS and they weren't very well liked. The only reason it has a live rear is because that's what people wanted. It's better for drag racing, and that's what people who buy muscle cars like to do. Ford could have just as easily based it on an existing platform with IRS.

Weight? Compared to what? It's a big car... big cars are heavy. As so many people seem to like to draw parallels to the M5..

2012 Mustang GT = 3603lbs
    2013 GT500 = 3850lbs

2012 M5 = 4288lbs

Some people just don't get the whole muscle car thing. Sell your Mustang and get something lighter, better handling and easier to drive. :)

Last edited: 8 Jun 2012