1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Videos of awesome

Discussion in 'General' started by VipersGratitude, 1 May 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah, I totally didn't watch that three times in a row. Nope, no sir.

Fizzban and VipersGratitude like this.
  2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So. Kim Justice's videos can get pretty long, but even by their standards this one is loooooong - it's just shy of 4 hours, so multiple sittings are essential for this one! But well worth a watch if you have any interest in Final Fantasy VIII.

Fizzban likes this.
  4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Suicide Squad spinoff TV series

Shazam sequel

Shazam spinoff starring The Rock

They're doing the "Flashpoint" story, where Allen goes back in time to save his mum's life, and thereby breaks the universe. BTW - That's Michael Keaton's "Stately Wayne Manor", Batcave & cowl!

Last edited: 18 Oct 2021
  7. walle

walle Minimodder

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Byron C likes this.
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

<Howls of "SPIKE IS TOO OLD" or "FAYE'S WAIST IS TOO BIG">

In all srsnss... The soundtrack makes me grin, and the casting looks spot on, but... I don't know man... I am apprehensive.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The soundtrack is there, the fourth wall breaking of the trailer is amazing, but something I hope doesn't carry over into the show proper too much. They're clearly trying really hard with this one but there's still something off about it all. Perhaps it's just that the anime was too good to touch.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To be clear, I'm not the one whinging about the characters, but that's pretty much all you see in comments sections everywhere whenever this comes up: "John Cho is too old to play Spike" (just how old is he supposed to be? is it really beyond the realms of possibility that the character could be in his 40s?), or "Daniella Pineda isn't the right 'body type' to play Faye" (meaning she's an actual real human with a real human body)

12. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Not really a limitation for modern productions. The industry has been using false perspectives and other tricks since day one, let along what CGI can do to portray people with inhuman portions.

I can probably get past the casting decisions, the question I have is the 4th wall breaking just for the trailer or will the show use it to? Could get old/tedious fast.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm guessing it's purely for the trailer, as it's based on the style of the intro sequence in the anime (which was based on the frames of a manga, naturally); the episodes proper never used that kind of split shot.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also aware that Netflix doesn't have a great track record on these things. Its Death Note adaptation was absolutely awful - I mean, just terrible, to the point where the absolutely spot-on casting of Willem Dafoe as Ryuk couldn't save it - and its Full Metal Alchemist adaptation wasn't great.

From the teaser, though: Jet seems spot-on, but hopefully in a less-frenetic 20-some-minute episode will have some more of the familiar long-suffering, tired attitude we know and love; you don't really see enough of Faye to form a proper opinion, but I worry the character's lost something in translation 'cos her attitude seems off - but the teaser seems to be set after she's been on the Bebop for a while, so maybe she'll be more like classic Faye in the earlier episodes; and Spike... I dunno. No problem with the guy's age, but his portrayal didn't scream Spike to me - and the non-stuntman/non-CGI-enhanced fight sequences looked clunky. That said, anyone who could move like anime-Spike does in real life would probably be kidnapped and studied by the military, rather than acting in a Netflix show... Oh, and Vicious? Yeah, not sure about Vicious at all.

Outside the teaser, and thinking about Netflix's earlier intro-plus-snippets teaser, I had a few more concerns. Abdul Hakim (I assume) looked pretty good, but Pierrot le Fou was a million miles away from the creepy anime version.

I'mma watch it, obviously, but... Yeah, I've yet to be convinced I'm going to enjoy it.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

From what I've seen/read elsewhere, the show does have an Ein, but no casting for Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV has been mentioned so far.
    The Showrunner, Andre Nemec has been quoted as saying “Ed — everybody wants to know about Ed! People will be … very delighted when they watch the season.”

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh while I think bebop is overrated (****ing fight me) the biggest mistake was making a live action to begin with. Live action anime does not work as a lot of techniques for story telling that have evolved over the years from working with small animation budgets just don't translate.

I might check out an episode out of some morbid curiosity to see how bad it can be but I've already written in off.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

PROPER trailer for Cowboy Bebop. None of that 4th wall stuff everyone was suspicious of this time.
    (Now with added Ein)

Fizzban and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Okay, that looks pretty neat. Still not entirely convinced, but I'mma give it a chance.

Still disappointed with what they've done to Pierrot le Fou, tho'. And the F-bomb was a surprise.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Buzz Lightyear gets an origin story (voice by Chris Evans instead of Tim Allen)

MLyons and Fizzban like this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This makes me slightly more hopeful, but I remain apprehensive. Still gonna watch it either way.

Caught me off guard a little, too. 'S fine though, there's nothing wrong with a ****ing good bout of swearing now and then.