1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Viking: Battle for Asgard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

Played this myself and completed it - GREAT fun. It's got so many WOW moments when you just grin with glee at the scenes on screen - from your first set of tools assembling for battle through directing a dragon to take out a swathe of troops up to the final INSANE battle.

Sorry Joe - you missed the comments before every major battle saying don't attack now, get more troops first, not to mention the prerequisiites in the quest log for numbers. They do make it quite obvious.

The Button mashing is actually not even a minigame - they do use it so you can't just run up to a leyrstone and jump out of a fight instantly but it could've been holding a button down for a period of time which would've been much better than tapping it.
    The Boss Quicktimes wern't that hard at all but needed more variation - some have 3 or 4 ways depending on angle of attack which is a move on but the Giants are identical which is a shame.

I think they could've improved it with some squad commands in the heat of a battle "To me!", "Follow!" etc but that was all it was really lacking. Combat also could've had more depth but it was a subtle system with a good deal of complexity if you wanted to use it - some incredible chaining of attacks to create a massive arc of combat was possible and very pleasing if you could pull it off.

I'd give it an 8/10 overall - great game that will seem to simple for the absolute hardcore but they'll still have massive fun playing it and so will anyone who picks it up.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Sure, if you try to do something you shouldn't do yet. I did events in the order I was supposed to, but as a result must have missed a few instructions. You do make some good points though :)

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Might have to check this out :D

5. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

always wanted a sword of reardon metal

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Looks like a good game, nice review Joe, BTW why on earth would you want multi player, I couldn't really see it working and there are a plethora of decent multi player games out there.

7. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Nice review Joe, allthough you should have read up on Norse mythology before casting yourself into the thick of it. I come from the land of Vikings. And I have read the tales many times. They have fascinated me since I was a child. I wish that we had never become Christian in religion. Just to hear the tales sung high whenever there was a feast.
    More about this religion can be read here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology And If you could read Danish there is a wealth of information lying in our local libraries. There are many books and stuff here that explains it in greater detail. Hel is the child of Loki and Angerbode along with her brothers the Fenrir Wolf and The Midgard Serpent. Though it is unclear whether Loki is true good or true bad, he is a shapeshifter and gave birth to Sleipner while in the form of a mare.

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just borrowed this a few days ago (I'm on the last island already), really enjoying it at the moment.

Tags: Add Tags