1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-Vio1's Lian Li V1000- *(Project Silver)*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vio1, 30 Jul 2004.

1. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Hi, i bought the harddrive for $206US + shipping.

The harddrive is u320, but the controller is u160.... its pointless getting a u320 controller cause u are limited by the pci 33/66

Made of money... no... made of visa? yes.

I sold my 74gb raptor on ebay for $176US and so it wasnt much more for the scsi drive... so i bought it.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

PCI-X by the look of it (not PCI-Express, BTW)

Just a warning on those PCIX cards in PCI slots (if that's what you're doing) - it works, but it starves parts for bandwidth like no tomorrow. ie RAID0 Raptors at 44MB/s sustained transfer (for reference, one of my single 7200RPM SATA's gets about 55MB/s on an onboard controller).

3. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

its just a regular pci slot scsi controller.

4. Alvin

Alvin Guest

So you want to adjust that "big a.. fan" you showed us before?

Q: What kind of watt does that fan use?
    A: It had a 1.34A rating at 12V Then you find that watt by saying V*A=W in this case 12V * 1.34A = 16W
    Watt is also an expression for heat. Now some of that watt will be moved from the fan to the pot meter, and that will basically be a very big potmeter.

With 5v you would get 5V * 1.34A = 6.7W, and some of that will be moved to the potmeter.

If you were to build a circuit, you would move the watt burning from the potmeter to a power transistor, and it is much easier to burn watt's in a transistor.

But actually I have a different suggestion.
    That two legged blue thingy you cut off before is likely to have been a small thermo sensitive resistor. And it is no doubt internally connected to a built-in circuit.
    So if you were to replace the blue thingy, with a small 1/4w potmeter of say 10K ohm, then you would have the best of both worlds.

These thermal resistors come in different ohms, from 1M to 1K so suggesting 10K is just a guess.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Alvin :dremel:

5. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

No, i want to adjust the top window fan, not the blower. The fan on top is 3.36w.

6. xel

xel What's a Dremel?

I have looked at this project for a long time and i found it really amazing

It is fantastic.

This case is one of the reasons for my registration. (another is my bad english i want to train)

7. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

wow, thnx so much.

Work on the case will commense when i get a few things Im waiting for arrive.

8. xel

xel What's a Dremel?

are the things you are waiting for for the case? if yes what for things will it be?

9. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

im waiting for my scsi cable so that i can connect my new scsi drive. I am also waiting for my kenwood true-x 72x cd-rom drive.

10. fusionpower666

fusionpower666 What's a Dremel?

With regards to your heat issues you may want to change the direction of your heatpipe orientation?

Link
    thermalright heatpipe orientation

11. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

I cant because it wont fit the other way... the caps are in the way.

12. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

What fan are you using on your SP94? a low cfm fan will give ok idle temps, but they'll go from 30idle to 60 load like mine (using a 92mm vantec stealth), whereas with a high cfm fan the load temperature will be much lower.

13. Bartop

Bartop What's a Dremel?

Very Very nice mate - :) :clap:
    I'm sure this is of no interest to a hard core modder like you whatsover but I got a factory Lian-Li side panel with the precut window and changed the perspex for a sheet of perf alu, the benefit of the factory side window is that the edges of the internal cut have the same serrated edge as the case does.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Nov 2004
  14. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Doesn't matter, it's based off of the way the heatpipes are oriented and the way heat likes to travel in them. I found the same issue to happen with an XP90 in a v1000 because the mobo is flipped. Although in that case the fins covered the AGP slot when it was in the other orientation. In any case, they were in the "bad" way. Still, very impressive temps especially considering the noise (XP90 + cool n quiet = inaudible)

nevermind realized you were replying to a different post :hehe: but I typed all of that so it's not going to waste!

16. Runnerma

Runnerma What's a Dremel?

Hey Vio1, great case!
    Registered for your case and Im waiting for my V2000 to come for starting modding it.
    Can u please take a pic of the back side of your V1000 for me , to see how it looks like with the mobo on???

17. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Ugh.... been working on my videocard cooling last few days and it turned out like sh!t.

I screwed it up at the end with the epoxy... and Im just too fed up to start from scratch. It was a nice idea, but i clearly dont have the skillz for it.

here are some pictures of the failed attempt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Soul__Assasin

Soul__Assasin What's a Dremel?

I think It's not so bad... if yoy sand down the edges it could turn out ok i guess

19. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I didn't say that it matters who did it first ;)
    I've seen the result of putting backlight behind a motherboard, and it just looks awesome. I really love how this project is coming together!

20. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I'd have to agree. It doesn't look too bad in the picture. Sanding down the edges could improve the look and I think if you put some leds in the plexi it could look pretty nice.