1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-Vio1's Lian Li V1000- *(Project Silver)*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vio1, 30 Jul 2004.

1. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

Yeps, scared me the first time too, just don't have the unit next to you, cuz you'll think the machine will explode :p It's all perfectly fine, it just makes alot of noise that's all.

2. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

a pic of how it looks from the back ... if anyone wants more pics let me know.

3. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Here is my latest addition to my case: An ATI x800XT Plantinum Edition (genuine, not softmoded):

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now to benchies and overclocking!!! I'll be back in a little while with the results.

4. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

:jawdrop: :eeek: where did you get a hold of that?

5. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

ebay

6. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

Hmmm. Same place I buy all those kidneys.

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Looks like someone wont ever need to upgrade again...just hit the big red OC button when half-life 3 comes out and pwn valve ;)

<A88>

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

My guess is by then we'll be having 4-8 core procs with 64+ GPU pipelines :hehe:

Looks nice though. you should do something about that ram cooling plate on the back - it drove me nuts on a friend's build (x800XT non-PE but same cooler). Seems so large and out-of-place. Maybe try and at the least give it a brushed look to match the case a bit.

9. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

same place I sell mine.

10. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys I need some help. Im sanding down my side door and i have a prob. When i touch the sanded door it leaves a fingerprint that wont come off (even with a light sanding). Why is that? Any ideas on how I can remove it? How can I protect the surface from staining like that?

11. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

You might use paint thinner, or any kind of stuff like that. Adhesives remover and terpentine might work as well.
    Good luck on the finger prints mate, I really love the project!

12. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

LOLOLOL

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Try rubbing alcohol.

14. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

Finally! Some updates:

Been working on my case door:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Looks like you sanded the anodising off. Good job sir :hip: :D Now you've got to do the rest of the case ;)

16. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

Wow that looks good :rock:

Removing the anodising causes the problem of the fingerprints. You can solve the problem of those nasty fingerprints by a company that also chromes materials. I don't know the english terms for it, but I had some simular problems and asked a metalworker what to do with this problem. In Dutch it is called "blank chromateren.

17. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

to shine it up i used a palmsander. Whats odd is that i tried 600 grit... and it look like crap. Tried 1000 grit, and still it looked like crap... Then i dapped a little bit of car wax on the case door and tried the 600 grit and it came out beautifully shiny once the sandpaper wore out. It doesnt make a difference if i use 600 or 1000 grit, same finish results. I tried the same thing with a super fine scrub paste and it didnt come close to this. I tried spraying water and it didnt become shiney at all... for some reason this wax really buffs out the metal. Plus finger prints DONT stay on... so it both shiny and clean!

Every time i look at the door and I shake my head in disbelief on how good and shiny it looks... It honestly looks like a crome job..

And here i thought I was coming close to finishing this case up... oh how wrong I was.

Im gonna install the mesh and plexiglass tomorrow... so new pics will be up then.

18. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Is the VapoChill LS unit in anodised aluminium? If it is you'll have to get that done aswell as the rest of the case :D

19. Vio1

Vio1 What's a Dremel?

thats the plan

20. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Thats gona be a shiny metal monster!
    The overal case is nice, the LCD and the original idea with the grill over the motherboard. But huw hard would it be to change the edges betweene the LS chassi and the V1000?

Im currently stuffing my LS inside the V2000 and that leaves the LS case outside, but try to figure out a idea of fil the edges..

Great modd!

And its silver :eeek: