1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Virgin Twotting Media

Discussion in 'General' started by LeMaltor, 29 May 2008.

1. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Whats excessive use? Using it to the "unlimited" marketing? You can't have it both ways your product is unlimited or limited. Also part of the problem here is the t&c being changed during a contract.

You buy a car with an unlimited range, in the fine print fair use policy it states you must add more fuel to go more than 200 miles, is that unlimited?

2. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

I agree, as I said before. I can work my bandwidth usage out (although I have to remind my house mates everyday not to use it between 4-9pm) so it's only web surfing that happens between 4-9pm. What really annoys me though is Virgin never even told me about, it certainly didn't exist when I signed the contract. I know they cover themselves by saying all sorts of things in the small print. I'm just going to do the best thing I can do and leave the service as I have the luxury of choice. I'm aware that others do not however, which is just damn right unfair for them.

3. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

just been looking through the terms and conditions here are some of my fav bits:

its so amazingly vague im actually shocked

4. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Have you seen this yet?

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

You signed a contract? I didn't, I just rang them up.
    There would have been something in the terms covering this anyway.

6. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I will never purchase anything with the Virgin media brand name again myself, the poor service and ineptness are beyond reproach. I'm so stubborn I wont even listen to virgin radio.

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

Since I found out about the throttling I have only ever been throttled once, and that was because my brother thought it was ok to download something because it was on x amount of mbs, I thought the same, and my older brother (who should move out the bandwidth hog :p) just downloaded like 1.5gb of tutorial videos for some music program. So we got throttled down to 5mb.

But the only thing affected was the actual downloading. Once that had finished, normal browsing resumed , and there was really very little noticable difference in speed. I mean 5mb across 2 or 3 PCs, doing some casual browsing is plenty enough.

8. koola

koola Minimodder

We switched from crappy Virgin (who also charge £5 to pay your bill each month via cheque :duh:) to Sky and have saved a lot of money. The service and speed so far has been very good, no complaints.

9. superpooper

superpooper What's a Dremel?

OH THANK GOD WE'RE LEAVING THEM.

The service is an f-ing joke.

I use usenet quite heavily, so it's off to Sky for us :D haha.

10. Matticus

Matticus ...

Just to revive this thread. My net has been going stupidly slow this morning, so I checked on speedtest.net and Im getting from between 4mb and 6mb. On my 20mb line.

The thing is, my little bros PC isn't even connected to the internet or on while he is moving his room around. My older brother isn't even home and I checked, neither his mac nor laptop are on. The mac isn't even plugged in at the wall.

My dad has only just turned his laptop on, I have only done some net browsing, and its only just gone 5pm.

I was playing games all morning with the occasional break for a net surf. But as I have not downloaded anything as such, just regular browsing. I have no freaking clue why the net is being throttled. I mean either somehow we downloaded 6GB this morning, or 3GB in just over an hour, or maybe the third option VM are c****s.

There is no way anyone has hacked the wireless, on the clients list there are only the PCs in my house and the Wii, and they are just all left over from the last time they connected (It keeps them stored for 24 hours I believe) and the key gets changed regularly, besides that I don't broadcast the SSID.

Tags: