1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virus alert

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Pie_uk, 2 Apr 2007.

1. Pie_uk

Pie_uk British beef, in Britain

ok i am in big trouble. please can anyone help asap.

i have run adaware but still this pops up. i really dont know what to do. >>

[​IMG]

2. monkeybone

monkeybone What's a Dremel?

3. Pie_uk

ntoskrnl.exe keeps popping up in my AVG after i run a scan, what is this? how do i fix th issue. its saying someone will be able to steal passwords and view my docs and settings etc. ffs

4. Pie_uk

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

A quick Google threw up this (among others): Windows error message with ntoskrnl.exe :idea:

Disable AVG for the time being, then... as suggested above... use one or more of those online virsu scanners to see if they turn up anything?

Furthermore... you shouldn't rely on just one anti-spyware solution finding/helping get rid of all spyware on your system!
    I personally have at least one 'real-time'/'pro-active' anti spyware program running in the background (Spy Sweeper/CounterSpy), as well as using Ad-Aware SE Pro.
    A real-time program helps prevent spyware getting onto your system in the first place ;)

6. monkeybone

monkeybone What's a Dremel?

Please avoid going to the site you went to (http://asafetyproject.com/), it's actually a site that is supposed to provide anti-spyware and anti-virus software but the site itself is just the opposite. The software on the site is laced with spyware and the warning that comes up when you visit the site is a generic popup that everyone gets. This is a trick they use in order to get computer illiterate people to download their crappy, spyware ridden software.

I went to the URL in your browser and got the same warning message as you.

According to what I have read, the file ntoskrnl is not used in Vista. MS redid the whole boot process from scratch and moved away from the previous boot process used by 2000/XP.

You can try to process one of the online scans using the links provided.

If you processed the upgrade to vista from XP, you may be able to process a restore/fix of the specific file if the scan and cleaning doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

Monkeybone