1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Vote in MSI casemod contest *CinemediaPC places 3rd*

Discussion in 'Modding' started by eddie_dane, 29 May 2004.

1. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Check out MSI's Mod Contest. Visitors to the site can register their votes for who they think has the best mod. Yours truly has entered the contest with the cinemediapc but I encourage you to vote for who you think has the best rig.

Let's show them how much bit-tech forum members support the community.

Last edited: 11 Jun 2004
  2. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

yours definetely has a chance to win, there are a few others I liked but I think yours is best :thumb:

it's a silly competion though, only allowed to vote when from the states or canada... once again they forget 'there is a world outside their borders' :rolleyes:

good luck

3. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

wow, i see only 4 or 5 good ones. dissapointing contest.

4. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I was actually suprised at how many mods I thought were good ones. I figured it would be a bunch of premod rigs. Some are very impressive.

5. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

I look at one important thing: would I want it on top of my desk next to my monitor?
    in most cases, the answer is no

look at the UT rocket launcher: it's a great model and cool for a museum but as a pc it wouldn't really fit my needs. same goes for the nighthawk.

I like the the AMD-GT400 looks cool but is a bit standard (good idea but it's still a pretty standard case, apart from the exhaust)

it all depends on what you think is more imnportant, the looks or the functionality. for me functionality comes first

the Pelican 1500 briefcase is imo another very nice mod and I think it'll be between eddie and that guy.

but then again, im not even allowed to vote for the contest so who am I :hehe:

6. wbio

wbio What's a Dremel?

I saw a few there I liked, but it was mostly between yours and the briefcase one to me, but I voted for yours based on the looks, sweet case :clap:

7. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

i have voted :)

Bne

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The GT400 entry by Josh is a fake, it's blatently photoshopped!

9. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

lol, the shadows are all so wrong...

10. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

It could be....it actually looks modelled to me.

[edit] Actually the shadows are spot on. Provided they have used the three point lighting system. Which is probably something only a photographer, someone in the film industry....or a 3D Modeller would know....

11. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

it looks a bit off to me too, and we're apparently not the only ones that think it's 3d modelling

http://www.quakecon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=907

that's the only hits for amd-gt400 on google... maybe someone should let MSI know?

i copied the image and am looking at it close up with gimp, the front of the case (what i assume is a clear plexi sheet like my case) the reflection on the right edge looks a little too perfect, as a renderer would see it. there's not a hint of lens flare, reflected lightsource (other than the exhaust pipe) or anything. and if you look real close, what should be the parallel port on the motherboard looks like it's flush with the board, as in he took a picture of a motherboard and skinned it on a flat piece. same goes for the video card. the closeup of the front of the case dials/gagues look like a poorly printed sticker or again, a skinned flat piece. if somoene put that much work into a computer wouldn't they have tons of pictures of the process of doing it and/or at least several angles to highlight all the features, if not on the modding contest itself definitely on any forums you were to post it on.

now, to give this guy the benefit of a doubt, he could have had it professionally photographed and indeed used stickers/paint/whatever for the gagues on the front, but even if this is a real casemod it's not that fantastic, i've seen better cases with car themes. (i think i remember a server cube that was red with beefy wheels and a supercharger sticking out the top, and that was a real mod).

just my pair of pennies

12. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

How did they not spot that, its so obvious its not funny, look at the close up pic at the knobs on the fan controller and the muskateer.

I don't think you need to go that far into it, its 100% obvious when you look at the first pic.

What a joke!

'doc

13. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

to quote a mate

"i don't know if i'd call putting a computer in a guitar a mod lol"

and how did they get fooled by the 3dsm pic.

EDIT:

hehe you have to choose USA or Canada, so lots of english people are now yanks

i wonder who will win... you have 11000 votes from bit-tech lol

14. scifikg

scifikg What's a Dremel?

Yippes. :jawdrop: Maybe I can hope for a top five finish. I wouldn't mine that at all. Those prizes are incredible.

15. wbio

wbio What's a Dremel?

Yours is definetly one of the best. Very practical too, very nice job. I think he was saying that all 11,000 members from bit-tech would vote for eddie, which, of course, is highly unlikely, because not everyone will vote and everyone has different opinions :hip:

16. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

If I was in that, I might rather win 4th than 3rd. :eyebrow: Nice job boys! :dremel: I think all of them are pretty nice mods(/photoshoppage).

17. SuperFreak

SuperFreak What's a Dremel?

Is i'm wrong, or is the fans on the VGA on the wrong side??? Looks like that anyway.... That man is atleast better than me on PS :p

18. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

jebus 2k !!

anyways that jason one is clearly a fake for two reasons

a) the gainward fans are on the wrong side

b) the rheobus knobs are clearly mapped onto a flat surface

c) both pictures are from the same angle ( the guy was too lazy to even show another angle, he just zoomed the same one in)

jeesh i cant believe people are fooled so easily :D

19. Starfighter

Starfighter What's a Dremel?

20. lessthanjakejohn

lessthanjakejohn What's a Dremel?

Man... I have been planning a modded guitar amp or guitar amp head forever now! :waah:

At least now I'll have something to compare too :idea: