1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding VOTE NOW: The MNPCTech Case Design Competition!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by modgodtanvir, 17 Aug 2008.

?

The MNPCTech Case Design Competition!

Poll closed 31 Dec 2008.
  1. Cheapskate [URL="http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/cheapskate_02/_WTFfin.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

24 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. bentleya [URL="http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/skiaaron/CompoCase1.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

23 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Dark~3nergy[URL="http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/dark3nergy/front1.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

51 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. confusis [URL="http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9588/14060872eh5.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

21 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Skullen [URL="http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s184/kcisn22007/finished3.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Froop [URL="http://www.afurydivine.net/silent_water/final/bittech%20cheesecake.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

19 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

@ EndingCredits, I'm only using the finalists, but will remember your offer when I need other examples in the future, Thank you for offer :thumb:

2. Inf3ction

Inf3ction What's a Dremel?

The only thing I have to say is I'm having a really hard time trying to vote for one, I like all the designs. :( This is going to take me a bit of time to come to a conclusion. Also I must add that I am totally envious of all your Sketchup skills, I wish I could learn to use that program like all of you do.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Xtrafresh - Now that you said you are proud of it, I feel compelled to nitpick.:D
    I would move the stand layer to the center of the rig. The stand side is too plain without at least one of the yellow sections showing. I would also either round the corners of the aluminum fins, or extend them into a wild point. Or- (BRB mspaint-ing)

@Infection - It's really easy, I just sat through the video tutorials and started building. What they don't teach is how to trick SU into doing what you want it to. I did a lot of copy/new file/paste in place -to edit.

4. Inf3ction

Well I just stumbled upon the tutorials, I'm a little slow at times, I'm going to start work on the tutorials today while starting my project. :)

5. scooby

scooby Minimodder

@bentleya, this is your work my friend I think we can delete my "djs" watermark from your final images.

Looks like even with the time deadline passing their seems to be a few people with late designs. I wonder if we (including myself) can still post our late creations on this thread so we can see what others have done.

Maybe a late-comers mention title?

Great work guys:thumb:

Scoob:hip:

6. Cheapskate

Yes, Show 'em!

7. Inf3ction

I would say go ahead and post them, I would like to see what everyone else came up with and I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to see them.

8. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I demand my paint! :grr:

Thanks for nitpicking! My girl didn't seem to like it either, she said it was too slick :waah:

I dont exactly understand what you mean by the stand side being too plain. You mean the view from the back? That is one of the parts that deserves extra attention, so hang on :)

I'll also try editing the metal flanges to see if i can get you people to like them a bit more. Oh, and i have some ideas about the stand itself. I really do like the a-symmetric design though, so it stays on the side :p

9. Cheapskate

[​IMG]
    The rig I was on only had photo editor, Which is worse than paint.
    Anyway, here's an idea for the edge treatment. The asymmetric thing is OK, but you need to do something crazy to that back panel.
    ...Like add a flat dome, or one section of yellow, or mount your perifs/speakers to it...
    -or my favorite addition to anything: A plate with 1" holes in a mesh pattern.

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

i was actually planning on fitting a little LCD with temps, plus some controls. It's gunna be hard to keep that flat though, so i'll have to think about that.... :p

11. mnpctech

Received intro and outro by FrooP, he did excellent job!

I'll get everything else finished and posted on Youtube and here soon! Thanks to the finalists for helping out with this :thumb:

12. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

13. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Glad to see people still crankin' them out.

@mnpctech - Can't wait :D

EDIT - Woot! 1,000 posts! (most of them done on the clock!)

14. mnpctech

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Really nice video. I didn't know you could make a video of sketchup files.
    I learn every day.

Glad to hear you are busy. Family is probably not enthused about the hours but the alternative is worse.

john

16. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

awesome vid, liked the first (black and white) pic before the entries ;)

feels weird getting recognition on youtube from the other side of the world

17. mnpctech

I used a pan effect to give the pictures motion. The effect was first made popular by documentary filmmaker, Ken Burns with old photos.

The Mrs processes orders and watches inventory. So it's a Mom & Pop business :thumb:

Glad to see you responded on YouTube confusis!

I now realized I mislabled the finalists in the video. I called the fifth entry #4 and sixth #5. Duh! Sorry guys! :blush:

The response to the video has been really good. It should bring some traffic and more exposure to bit-tech and
    this competition!

Last edited: 18 Dec 2008
  18. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Great video Bill :thumb:

19. Cheapskate

Nice vid. We are already at the average number of votes for MOTM. Lets see if we can get more voters than the official BT contest.:hehe:
    Looks like Froop's going to get a cheesecake.:D I think you and Skullen would have done better if you hadn't posted mostly monochrome final shots.

If you need any more video animation, I'm also available. I could use the practice. I haven't touched the software in two years.:worried:

20. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

wahooo top notch vid, Bill and Froop :thumb: Job well done,

LOL, i'm aiming for 3rd, wound be nice to have another external hard drive as my last one broke :( :waah: but i need office :) my xp version is a little out of date :) :hip:

But not to fussed as it's the taking part that counts, prizes are a bonus ;)

Keep the votes coming guys :lol::lol: