1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding VOTE NOW: The MNPCTech Case Design Competition!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by modgodtanvir, 17 Aug 2008.

?

The MNPCTech Case Design Competition!

Poll closed 31 Dec 2008.
  1. Cheapskate [URL="http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/cheapskate_02/_WTFfin.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

24 vote(s)
    16.8%
  2. bentleya [URL="http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/skiaaron/CompoCase1.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

23 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Dark~3nergy[URL="http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/dark3nergy/front1.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

51 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. confusis [URL="http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9588/14060872eh5.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

21 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Skullen [URL="http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s184/kcisn22007/finished3.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Froop [URL="http://www.afurydivine.net/silent_water/final/bittech%20cheesecake.jpg"]Pic[/URL]

19 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. skullen

skullen Minimodder

It does look good confusis :thumb:

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Not really a contest thing but I planned this today:

[​IMG]

Sorry for being so Off Topic but what do you guys think?

3. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I like the SPIDER design... You should consider entering the contest, by incorporating your panel design into the model of the SilverStone Temjin SST-TJ03B, drawn by Scooby file here and add some other cool stuff too.

4. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

I like the spider design, but I think the ATI AMD logo looks a bit out of place.. like it doesn't really fit the style (even if SPIDER is typed in a ATI-like font). If you are adamant about keeping it, then how about making it a little smaller and perhaps moving it so it is at the center of the spider web? (I have no idea if this would look ok)

[edit]
    How about just keeping the ATI part of the logo and stick the AMD part elsewhere on the case?
    Kind of like this
    Code:
     ATI
    /||\\       <----- (web)
    SPIDER

[/edit]

Last edited: 27 Aug 2008
  5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

[​IMG]
    Well that's it on the TJ03. Added the mesh which will eventually have a 240 rad behind it where the HDD cage is when I get around to sketchup again.

The only problem with removing the ATI/AMD bit is that it leaves the case a bit bare. I suppose I could put a window in.

6. mnpctech

Good call, I like the mesh backing too.

7. Macros_the_Black

True (a bit bare w/o the AMD bit)... did some quick "photoshopping" on it to see what it would look like it the ATI and AMD elements where moved around, and didn't come up with anything that looked better. <=) This is one of the alternatives, but I can't really say I like it -> pic
    The mesh looks great!

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I love the webby bit... Perhaps is you got rid of the AMD and ATI names, and extended the AMD Logo across most of the panel, with it starting at the top of the web?

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Well I've updated the panel a bit:

[​IMG]

I templated the AMD Spider picture as a background and traced around it. Unfortunately sketchup can be a bit strange about what it thinks is a plane and what is just lines on a background so I had to go over each section a few times picking out all the little faults. I was planning on putting the spider where the ATI logo is ATM but I thought it might make a good window so I scaled it up (had to move it off the side to do that and then move it back on).

I didn't really want to put the ATI logo at the top of the web but then it all looked a bit out of place with nothing there. I might put the AMD Polygon there instead.

I also need more ideas as the rest of the case is still pretty stock. Hopefully most of the stuff I put in this will translate well to my upcoming project. :D

[​IMG]

I put in three 3870x2s to be replaced by Scooby's 4870x2. Technicly they don't all fit because of the fans on the radiator where the drive bay was. I don't know if the full cover waterblocks will fit either with those fans in the way. Motherboard is an ASUS M3A32-MVP although not finished.

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I got a thread hijack question for Bill - Does McMaster still only charge $5 for shipping overweight items?

-back on topic: I'm playing with SketchUp too now, you b*stards! It hurts! -and it's this thread's fault!

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Yeah, my back is killing me right now. :p

12. Macros_the_Black

@ Ending Credits: Cool!!! Hehe, I was going to suggest putting a spider on there (at a different angle than yours is now), with a large rear segment, and then having the AMD/ATI logo on that rear segment.. but I thought maybe you didn't want too much "spider" on there, so I didn't suggest it.... I guess I had you wrong, and I'm glad, cause that spider is _wicked_!!! BD

13. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Nice one Ending Credits :thumb:
    Orange thingy
    [​IMG]

14. Cheapskate

:eeek:

I like:D

-But now ya gotta change the front feet to curl around the front a bit.:D
    (I'm going to keep doing this 'till someone kills me.)

15. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Ha, addictive, isn't it? I've been SketchUp-ing for hours now...

16. Fyve

Fyve What's a Dremel?

One case foot? Don't know how stable that is, lol. I'm joking. Looks like I will have to try my luck, prizes and entries are getting very interesting. :hip:

17. mnpctech

skullen, I agree with Cheapstake, incorporating the feet would bring it together

yea, I figured the 1x case feet would prompt somebody to ask :D

I don't know, I generally buy smaller size stuff. Mrs mnpctech handles all of our bills and business paperwork. I'll ask if shes ever noticed and PM you. btw: 1-1/4" thick, 2' x 1' sheet of clear acrylic arrived today, 15-3/4 lbs!

18. Cheapskate

I think it should be on the packing invoice.
    This thread needed a bump anyway.:D
    @modgodtanvir - where's your pics?

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Another vote here! It looks much nicer in orange Skullen!

20. mnpctech

No record here, of oversize shipping charges in our records, but as i stated, we hardly ever order large items.. Best for you to contact Mcmaster directly