1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling W/C Coolant and sparkly bits !!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blood, 26 Sep 2004.

1. Blood

Blood New Member

hey .. right straight to point..
    Im going to be purchasing my w/c system soon , and since the outside of my comp is black and my cables are all black sleeved etc.. I want to have my w/c coolant black !!!
    How safe / advisable is it to use BLAVOD , ( black vodka ) as a coolant liquid ?
    This stuff is my favourite drink and it would look amazing in a w/c setup, with a little bit of fine sparkle paint stuff in it for dramatic effect ( yey or ney ?)
    Would that be alright to use ?

ty :)

Last edited: 26 Sep 2004
  2. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Well I've never tried it but I wouldn't suggest it. Vodka won't have the heat capacity of water and it will be full of impurites. I definately wouldn't put paint in it either :worried:

If you really want to keep it the same colour scheme as the rest of your case why don't you use black tubing. You can get 8/6mm black tubing but don't know about other sizes.

3. Risky

Risky Well-Known Member

Sparke paint stuff sounds a very, very bad idea.

Black hose should be possible in various sizes. What kit are you looking at?

4. Blood

Blood New Member

Hmm , lol this is going great :)
    Im jus going for a waterchill kit..
    something simple, ya kno..
    I though about black tubing , but i dont itl have the same effect as black liquid and clear tubing..
    I was planning on using white led's along side the tubing somehow...

so solid particles are a no no ? glitter , lol :(
    howabout the usual coolant which would be used, and black dye added ?

5. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Well black dye may work but then again it may just stain the tubes black giving them an always black look. It also might hurt the performance by dyeing the insides of the rad, and blocks, making them transfer heat less well.

tbh I see what you mean by black tubing not being the right effect but once the tubing is full of black water it probably wouldn't look too different.

6. Blood

Blood New Member

hmm, might just have to be black tubing , ill keep looking around for nice black liquid of some sorts..
    Ty for input people :)

* goes back to finishing side panel

7. hed420

hed420 New Member

Hmmm... Isn't alcohol flamable? Vodka sounds like a bad idea. :eyebrow: Glitter also sounds like a bad idea. It might clog up your radiator or water pump and be a big hassel to unclog it. I guess the best thing to do is dye some water black and make sure it's completly disolved if your gonna using a thick clay like dye like Rites dye.

Tags: