1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows W7 - Readyboost

Discussion in 'Software' started by LeMaltor, 16 Aug 2010.

1. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Plugged in a pen drive and this option came up, is it worth using? and how do i monitor it's usage?

2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Tried it once, my start-ups and shut downs were longer than usual and I couldn't tell any difference what so ever.

I think it just puts the page file on the stick, I used a flash voyager which has a light that flickers.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think readyboost is designed for either high-random read/write programs or for programs with a very slow primary drive. Neither of those tend to fall into our needs as enthusiasts. My F3 can do 5 times the speed of a normal USB flash drive, at least.

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I have F3's aswell, ow well :)

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ready boost was designed for slow computers, with slow HDD's and lack of RAM. Using ReadyBoost provide near instant access time, which is beneficial for such system when access the page file.
    The idea of this, is for those you can't or don't know how to upgrade their RAM and/or changing their HDD.