1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wacom announces Cintiq Pro Engine PC module

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 28 Feb 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Typically Wacom-tastic on the pricing, but separating the PC and the screen into distinct but integrated modules is a smart move. With most Cintiq owners keeping the same unit for years and several PC revisions being able to change the PC section but keep the screen is good sense.

Not sure it's enough to stop the inexorable march of Artisul and XP-Pen into their market share though.

3. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

been pondering both offering from artisul and xp-pen wanting upgrade from my intous 4 but have never seen or tried one i am abit hessitant

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Not to mention the UGEE and Huion tablets.

5. fix-the-spade

The Artisul pen displays are fantastic, even if cost was not a consideration I would take the D16 over the Cintiq 16 Pro (in fact I did). The 16 Pro has a better screen, but it gets very hot, howls like banshee and needs either a keypad or the Wacom Remote to be fully functional, plus it has no stand. Why a 16 inch monitor needs 2 cooling fans is beyond me.

The Artisul is really good, it comes with a decent stand, the express keys and wheel are laid out very nicely and it's a thousand quid less than the 16 Pro once you factor in that stand and remote. The 1080p screen is better than the old generation of Wacoms like the 13HD and 22HD, but not as good as the 4k etched glass ones in the Cintiq Pros, but then it is a whole grand less. I only have two main complaints, one is that it suffers from the cable spaghetti problems of needing USB, HDMI and power. The other issue is that the screen protector adds a degree of parallax to the pen, it's less than the old Cintiqs but more than the current ones or an Ipad Pro, removing the screen protector would reduce it, but eventually that leaves a scratched up screen.

Compared to the non-Wacom pen displays of three or four years ago the competition has made a huge jump. I can see stuff like this driving Wacom out of the hobbyist market entirely. The bigger screens I can see Wacom still dominating, although Artisul have a 22inch unit coming soon, it looks cool.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ok so it has a slightly higher brightness and colour gamut but better? questionable, id go with no personally.

there's a reason pro's use Wacoms, they just feel so much better then the chinesium alternatives

7. fix-the-spade

Just to be that guy, Wacom stuff is made in China and has been for some time now, the factory in Saitama is more or less an assembly plant.

Don't knock the stuff coming out of XP Pen and Artisul until you've had a go with a couple, like I said they are a huge jump over the Yiynova and Huion screens that kick around on Ebay. The D16 is certainly better than 13HD I had in every way except the cables. That Artisul is owned by a company that makes nothing but touch screens (UC Logic) might have something to do with it, they clearly want a chunk of Wacom's market.

Tags: Add Tags