1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wal-Mart Employee Killed During Black Friday Sale

Discussion in 'General' started by Faulk_Wulf, 29 Nov 2008.

1. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Day after Thanksgiving is a big shopping day around here, and people are always out at ridiculous hours. Stores and malls are packed as everyone scurries to take advantage of the (usually) lucrative sales.

People can be fairly aggressive with pushing, shoving, and small fights not being completely uncommon. Over particularly rare items, tempers can sometimes really flare. (Wii)

But this... is without a doubt... ...disgusting.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/28/doorbusting-at-long-island-walmart-leads-to-workers-death/

:blah:

2. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

disgusting. although i can't say i'm surprised at all.

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

saw that earlier, not sure if its worse than someone pulling out a gun at a toys r us today and shooting someone.
    pretty bad either way.

4. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

At least the Toys R Us one wasn't about saving a few bucks on cheap crap.

5. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

they took the hinges off the doors and he was trampled on? Do people not look down, that is just horrible

6. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

What makes me sad is that no one tried to pull him to safety or almost as bad or worse-- no one COULD because of the aggressiveness of the crowd.

How do you WALK ON some poor sonuvagun and not stop or stop and think "My god! There's a living person under me!" ??

---

There was a shooting at a Toys R Us? ... I just realized I can Google this... one sec.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/28/socal-toys-r-us-shooting_n_147032.html
    (*after reading article*)
    :jawdrop:

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It was terrible at the store I went too

Just a bunch of a**holes

8. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

the best buy i went to was not bad at all, everyone was pretty calm but down the road at the mall there were at least 600 people per door waiting to go in, never seen so many old ladies pushing each other in my life.

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Someone got beat with a golf club at the Wal-Mart here.

This is getting out of hand.

10. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Interesting. People keep talking about the Toys-R-Us incident despite a general consensus that it had nothing to do with shopping. I get the feeling that media outlets are using the story - sometimes running it with the Long Island Wal-Mart incident - to paint a morbid picture of Black Friday woe.

You might as well add up all the shootings that occurred today and add them to the list.

Still, it's horrible that it took several minutes for fellow employees and police officers to reach the guy; and, when they did reach him the crowd continued to stampede while police officers attempted rescue.

Edit: It seems as though the Wal-Mart employee may have died as a result of a heart attack, rather than crushed under the feet of stampeding shoppers. Whether or not the stampede caused the heart attack is unknown. What's more interesting is the fact that these are the only three deaths that are being attributed to the Black Friday chaos, and the link between Toys-R-Us incident and the Black Friday chaos is tenuous.

This is why I went to the Renaissance Festival instead.

-monkey

Last edited: 29 Nov 2008
  11. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I was shocked to hear this. How can people RUN over another human being lying there helpless?

Here's footage of police officers trying to revive the man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9G0rUQkmDU

What really shocks me is laughter going on in the background. I mean what the **** is with that? Seriously now. I could only imagine being horrified if I was there.

Another thing I noticed about the video, to me it seems like they aren't using proper technique, I've taken a CPR/first aid course, shouldn't you be positioned directly over the body, not off the side. But I'm not too sure if that's okay or not?

12. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

What percentage of american's take part in these black sunday sales (is all a bit of a odd concept to me) because i've been there, and wallmart isn't exactly an expensive shop, so they really can't be saving that much money! and to take some ones life just to save a few dollars? it really sickens me, some people should be ashamed!

13. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

In all the first aid training I've taken i've never seen someone try to do it by going directly on top of the person. If you were by yourself it would be easier to be at their side. That and if the person wakes up or starts puking you want to be able to get them on their side. that would be hard to do if you are on top of them.

14. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

What is sick is that people are still waiting outside to get their discounted **** despite this.

15. Ryan Cooper

Ryan Cooper It's been a long time.

I'm sorry, that's not funny...

...But the circumstances are a wee bit funny.

....Everybody knew that somebody would die being trampled eventually.

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Because those people are not considered human by too many, it doesnt matter if we are talking about the person cleaning the toilets in mc donalds, the person trying to hold back the crowds at a walmart, the person at the local car wash or the person you call in any call centre if you have any sort of problem, such people are simply not considered human anymore by many as too many have lost touch with reality and fail to realize without those hard working people often far below wages others would even consider leaving their houses for the world as we know it would collapse in a instant. People in the western world all to often complain about cultures where people are separated by social standing, but in fact they are doing it themself every single day. Just like people didnt give a damn if they saw a black guy dieing 100 years ago they dont give a damn today if they see someone of the so called "working class" dieing.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Another one on the chalk board for "Most retarded thing to happen, ever" :/

18. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

95% of people are just morons, completely inconsiderate of others. Two years ago in my city new "idiot-electronics" type shop was opened on midnight, one person suffocated in the crowd and one girl with a child was thrown over a barrier and got mashed two floors lower (it was on a second floor of a big shopping centre), the shop was completely devastated. Reason? They were selling cheap idiot-cameras for 50% less.

19. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I didn't mean directly over the top of the person, I meant pushing your palm facing them, slightly off to the side facing them. To me it looked like he was pushing in the wrong way. But I could be wrong.

20. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

I agree, this is both disguisting and pathetic, people actually getting so bothered about a sale, these people should be shot or something, they killed someone is there excitement for a sale, that is low