1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wallets

Discussion in 'General' started by enterobsidian, 6 Aug 2012.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Does it not hurt to sit on a wallet? My change never falls out of my pocket, I only ever carry what I receivethrough out the day, each night any change goes in the piggy bank.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I got a leather one down t'market a few years back and it's still doing me proud :)

Also, money clip Cheesecake.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Keys and comb (never use a comb but carry it anyways): front left
    Phone: front right
    Wallet:Back right

I'm a righty :D

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Pocket sorting:
    Phone front-left.
    Wallet, memory sticks, labello front right. Loose change goes there as well.
    Car keys in hand or in back right.
    I hate sitting on things, and front pockets make it harder for people to steal your sh**, which happens a LOT here.

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'm a lefty. :D

Front left is wallet at front right is phone or something else if I'm not carrying my phone (which is often :D). Any change I have goes in what is now a very heavy piggy bank.

6. longweight

Once you go coin-purse-less you will never go back, it makes the wallet so nice and small!

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

It does not really sit on my buttock but more in the "crack" between the buttock and the thigh. As such, it does not really bother me when sitting and I have been sitting on my wallet for the last 6 years without problems.

Hmm I guess my problem with change might be because the notes in Denmark only go as low as 5£. Anything below that is coins, which means you need to carry a boatload of coins to pay for anything in cash.

Also, my wallet gets quite thick since I have to carry quite a lot of cards in there on a daily basis. I cannot wait for NFC chips to be available everywhere for payment and identification. Then I would just have to carry my phone. Or even better. Have the NFC chip embedded in my arm, and a Google Glasses prototype on my head. Goodbye large pockets.

8. longweight

We only go down to £5 too :) Do you have to use lots of cash in Copenhagen?

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I agree, although that still depends on how much cash you're carrying! :naughty: Or in my case, plastic cards and a wad of receipts :hehe:

Really though, you get used to having your wallet in a back pocket if you've done it for long enough. When I was younger, I carried mine in a front pocket too, but once I switched I never went back to that.

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

No, you can pay with a credit card almost anywhere but for shopping carts and vending machines and such you almost always needs cash. It is actually rare for me to have coins in my purse but I would nevertheless hate to loose the ability to store them there.

The wallet in the front pocket thing would be fine, as long as I did not have to carry my wallet or my keys. Indeed, on vacation where I just have a hotel key card my wallet goes to the front of my pants, for protection against pickpockets.

11. longweight

I used to have my wallet in my back pocket and then I moved to London! It wouldn't last 5 minutes in my back pocket. I stick receipts in one of the card slots and then put them in my box at work each day to safely store them for the expense report!

12. Unicorn

I do the same, have a receipt box in a drawer in my office desk and one in my bedside locker, but I sometimes forget to empty my wallet of them :hehe:

13. longweight

I forget to send them most months :(

14. KidMod-Southpaw

My top desk drawer is my "business drawer" with receipts and stuff. I'm currently in the market for a banker's lamp too, it'll look awesome on my desk! :D

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Am I a bit non-clinical-OCD just because I store all of my important receipts in a large binder and plan to scan all of them?

16. KidMod-Southpaw

Sure! :D
    I have all of my Scan receipts in a large binder, so if I need to RMA I can just tear it out and go. :)

Last edited: 6 Aug 2012
  17. Unicorn

I don't send them anywhere, they just get sorted and filed until tax return time comes around again. I "forget" to sort them quite often as well >.< Did I mention that I hate paperwork? :hehe:

I need a new lamp for my office desk as well - the transformer in the one that's there at the moment makes a loud, annoying buzz when you switch it off. When it's on, it's fine but when it's off for more than 10 minutes, the noise is ridiculous. I've been meaning to take the transformer out of it and see what might be wrong, but a new lamp would be much easier!

I don't think so. I should be that organized.. I'm just... not :( As far as wallet receipts go, see above. When it comes to purchase invoices etc I'm a bit more thorough about filing them and getting an electronic copy into the purchasing database. It makes creating job invoices so much easier and saves rooting through reams of dockets looking for the cost of something.

18. longweight

What are the receipts for?

19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I'm still using the Puma King wallet I had at school 12 years ago that I bought off a mate for lunch money.

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I have very much the same setup, except I'm right handed.

Most phone features can be handled with the left hand, or the left hand can hold the phone while the right operates it so it goes in the front left. Keys go in the front right, along with any loose change, because the right hand is needed to put them into the ignition. Wallet in the back right for easy right handed access, plus it's flat and easy to sit on. Sometimes I keep a notebook in the back left, it's also easy to sit on and when you pull it out with your left hand it's ready to right in with the right hand.

A bit more useless personal pocket info, this is basically my wallet. It's about 10 years old so this is the most similar of current wallets from the same manufacturer, Wilson's Leather:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trifold all day, everyday.