1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wallets

Discussion in 'General' started by enterobsidian, 6 Aug 2012.

1. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I like my women like I like my wallets, thin

Bifolds Cheesecake

2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I have 2 wallets as I visit Sweden regularly (3 times a year). I always have phone and keys front left, and wallet front right. I am right handed.
    My English wallet:
    [​IMG]

My Swedish wallet:
    [​IMG]

3. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

All kinds of stuff, but mostly work related. 10% of all the cash I spend in the store where I work gets added to my next paycheck and I keep all receipts to tally up if they get it right at headquarters (not that I actually bother every month, it's more of a precaution if they decide to undercut drastically). Also, if I buy anything expensive like > 50 quid.

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Bifold Cheesecake.

5. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Why are topics that seem so boring on the out set actually so interesting! :thumb:

Anyway, I used to get ribbed to high heven and back for my wallet by my works mates. I think my wallet was descriped as a weapon of sef defence as i used to keep a receipt for everything I paid for be it with cash or with card, also keeping stupid amounts of 1 and 2p coins in there for ages.

It looked somthing like this -

[​IMG]

I finally gave in and now do not accept receipts unless I need to (and then shredded straight away) and only keep a few key cards with me all the time.

Slim line is the way to go! Something like this is what I have now-

[​IMG]

Oh and.... phone front right, wallet front left with keys. Change? well normaly on the floor as im clumsey! :wallbash:

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Tri-fold, double-stitched tent canvas. Waterproof (well, resistant since water can get in the gaps lol) and rugged as hell, I foresee this being with me for ten years or more.

Wallet front right, phone front left, keys back right (there's only 2 anyway). Wallet in the back just says 'steal me' to me.

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Well, seeing as we're now saying which pocket to pick..

Phone front right, iPod & gum front left, keys back left and wallet in back right.

8. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

My wallet looks a lot like THIS was bought from next. Had it for 3 years now and still rocking, no splits and doesn't look very worn either.

Although my version also has a window pocket for my driving license.

On the subject of pockets:

Keys front left, phone front right, wallet back right

9. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

[​IMG]

I was given an Aspinal of London wallet for a birthday pressie a couple of years ago, its not real croc but looks awesome and people often ask about it. Sits in my right rear pocket unless I'm abroad, spent every weekend in the capital for the last few years and nobody has touched it yet. Phone in front right and keys/inhaler in front left, unless jeans are too tight for inhaler and in jacket pocket, if i even remember to take it out with me.

10. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

11. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

A leather bi-fold holiday jobby with a coin purse and a flappy bit for cards in the back pocket. Anywhere else and you're wasting important hand sockets.

Front left - phone.
    Front right - change, cigarettes, lighter.
    Back right - keys and or swipe card for work.
    Back left - wallet.

There may be no deviating from this layout at any time.

Last edited: 6 Aug 2012
  12. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

That's my dad's wallet.

I still use a neoprene trifold wallet from when I was 14. When I was in America last month I saw this Swiss gear wallet but my mate beat me to it. It has piece that you can completely pull for ID/RFID cards.

13. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

My Swiss wallet.

[​IMG]

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Says the man suffering with back pain! Seriously for making a minor change to your habbits you might see a difference.

Linky.

15. asura

asura jack of all trades

Standard everyday carry wallet is a plain black bi-fold, coin-purse-less and a minimum of 8 card slots, it gets a little bit chunky, though I prefer a slim wallet, it/they come from next or somewhere equivalent, more or less on a five year rotation as and when they start to get tatty.

It lives in my bag with my other stuff - a quick check shows keys (3 houses, 1 shop, 2 cars, two jewellers loupes and a usb memory stick) A5 ring bound sketchbook, A6 spine bound sketchbook, two pens, two pencils, roll on deodorant, cheque book, phone, phone-charger, address-book, a copy of "watch", various bits of correspondence, and the samsung netbook I'm typing on at the moment...

My other wallet was my grandfathers; pigskin, bi-fold and when open is large enough to fit an old fashioned £5 there is a flap at one short end, this full sized pocket is lined with something soft and red, it has space for (iirc) 4 cards, fits a passport without any issues, it's beautiful and slim.

And it lives; left hand, inside jacket pocket, buttoned.

16. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Check book?! Wait, who still uses checks? It costs 5£ in fee every time you want to cash a check here in Denmark.

17. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Thankfully they will be dead in the UK in a couple of years.

18. asura

asura jack of all trades

Oh and I forgot my disto, it lives in my bag too.

Hopefully cheques won't be dead in a couple of years, I'm a small business and I can pay in the first 100 cheques a month free, and 11p per cheque thereafter I could switch account and get unlimited free pay-ins. If cheques go I have to get a phone line - what is it these days £45 connection fee £12.5 a month rental, a card machine - free to a couple of hundred set up cost and free to £50 month service charge, then they want from 20-50p per transaction, and they want 3 to 6 % per transaction? If I have to switch to accepting debit/credit cards, I could be out of pocket by a few grand a year!

Long live the cheque!

19. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

So you only accept cheque or cash?

20. asura

asura jack of all trades

Yup, in both businesses in fact. Jeweller and architectural services.

Sliding back on topic - while I love the pigskin of my grandfathers wallet, it isn't really tough enough for my everyday life, the cheaper wallets I get are (I guess) cow leather, though I understand that horse leather is very tough and smooth.

On the other hand DuctTape?