1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning [HEADSTART AWAAY!]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mookboy, 9 Aug 2008.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

It's coming September 18th, and I was wondering if any other forum members were getting onboard for some MMO fun? Eurogamer have got a pretty interesting write-up of their impressions from the beta ( http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=208697 ) and it sounds like it's going to be a great MMO with enough to distinguish it from WoW. Might be cool to get some Bit-tech'ers on the same realm/team for some party action - this is going to be one MMO with lots of opportunity for co-op play.

It's also a good excuse for me not to buy the WoW: WOTLK expansion when it arrives... might aswell give up my evenings to something different this autumn.

I'm thinking Zealot, Marauder, Warrior Priest, Witch Hunter...

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  2. themax

themax New Member

They have a pre-order program I plan on doing here in the U.S. When you pre-order you get into open beta access, and early retail access (like Age of Conan only I hope it's not limited).

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Looks like HMV is the place the UK players should be able to preorder it from - but they only seem to have the standard edition for pre-order.

4. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I'll definitely be getting this, after being so bitterly disappointed with AoC.

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I can't wait til it arrives. I need an MMO in my life right now like nobodies business. Tried reviving my LOTRO account but I just can't get into the game - seems too soft to me. Re-tried City of Heroes/Villains but the graphics are painful to look at these days. I dare not revive my WoW account... I have to save myself for WAR instead.

Anyone preordered in the UK yet?

6. themax

themax New Member

Yeah Age of Conan was a HUGE let down for me. Tempest of Set being overpowered (they are healers) in PvP. DPS classes not being able to DPS well (Assassin's, Herald of Xotli). Badly scaled mount requirements (3g for the level 40 mount. You barely have 1g by the time you hit 40). No seige warfare, guild cities don't mean squat right now, bad optimization on hardware (my game crashed so much it was ridiculous. A friend of mine had bad crashes running SLI 9600GT's). Yeah nothing went right for me in this game.

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Just been reading up on WAR, seems everytime I do that I find another thing I am looking forward to.

8. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

The new podcast about changes to the tiered RvR system makes me wet.

Did anyone else here play DaoC? Mythic fan for life.

9. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I hope WO doesn't release like AOC did with its great ideas but unfinished content.

10. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

Just a shame the monthly fee is so bloody high (works out at about £13 a month).
    £9 is expensive enough for most other MMO's and unless its 40K no way in hell will they be getting £13 from me.

11. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Got some mates who play the table top version and have roped me in to the WAR online . Hope I can create a Bungle avatar or I'll be an angry bear. Podcasts do indeed make this look very interesting. Here's hoping.

12. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I think the only obvious downside is that I can see a massive percentage of players rolling Chaos characters, as the Chaos army quite frankly is the coolest looking race of any MMO evaaar. Them or Dark Elf Witch Elves for the boobies.

That automatically makes me want to roll something completely opposite a la Order faction. I just don't dig the High Elves, so nothing going on there for me. The dwarves look a bit dull bar the Runepriest... so I think it's gonna be Empire for me.

13. sarumane

sarumane New Member

Early Access??

This is the only people I have seen offering pre-order benefits (beta and early start):

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/1/656...ine:-Age-of-Reckoning-UK-(Pre-Order)-Download

Is this genuine? I have raised a ticket with them but had no response as no ne else seems to have definite information (Amazon, Play, GAME etc..).

No mention of the pre-order benefits on HMV site. Does anyone know who we can pre-order from without dissapointment?

Regards

saru

Last edited: 11 Aug 2008
  14. UrbanMarine

Your so right on that one. Chaos is going to end up like the Horde in WoW. I'd rather go for power than looks. You have to atleast try the High Elf: White Lion class. If they work just like in WH mini, they'll be badass.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Which is a shame, because if they'd left the High Elf Shadow Hunter in then it might have helped give the Order faction a smidge of darkness that it probably needs.

I think one potentially great aspect of Warhammer, is that hopefully the GW will keep pushing Mythic to add more content alot more regularly than Blizzard have. For a started some of those other four capital cities must be mostly complete? Also the scope for more races is incredible. I for one would love to play a Skaven Clan Eshin assassin!

16. themax

themax New Member

Pre-Ordered here online in the U.S. with Gamestop. But I am reconsidering. Their website states 2 business days from time of purchase for the Pre-Order bonus code to arrive via email and It's been 3 days. I think I am just going to go into Best Buy and pickup a Pre-Order box which already has the bonus code in it and cancel my Pre-Order with Gamestop.

17. UrbanMarine

If you want just the basic copy, order it from D2D. I got my codes within 20mins and I get the final key day of release. Plus you get to setup your account and play early.

18. themax

themax New Member

I will do that. Thanks man. I was already iffy on ordering online from GS because of the fiasco people went through for keys to Age of Conan pre-release (and early access). Does D2D Pre-Order give the same bonuses as Best Buy and Gamestop? (Early release and beta access).

19. UrbanMarine

When you preorder from D2D you get the following;

-Early start
    -Early account setup
    -Open beta key: Starts Aug 15
    -Bonus items key: Portable Camp and Spirit Band (D2D Only)
    -Final Key: Emailed to you day of release.

20. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Anyone in Europe had any luck with the collectors edition?

Tags: