1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning [HEADSTART AWAAY!]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mookboy, 9 Aug 2008.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

This is the time you should get whatever real life things done before you disappear into the virtual world.

2. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Still haven't even got to play it, as you start up you have to click I agree to all their sh**e, however becasue it's idiotic it won't let me click it but highlights to select empire. I want to click I agree ffs, not an army which I can't even select at that point. Stupid piece of S**T.

I am annoyed :(

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Click on the ELUA box and it should foreground it, you then HAVE to scroll to the bottom to be able to select I Agree.
    There is also 2 EULA screens.

4. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

You are a genius :)

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

They pop up every time, which is annoying, and i need to go buy myself a time card, but i just dont feel like playing right now, though i did enjoy sniping people with my shadow warrior or whatever it was called...

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I hope they bring out a graphics patch sometime. Considering how system heavy it is, it doesn't look that amazing. Solid but hardly gorgeous.

Anyone know how to turn off the NPC names?

7. dixie_flatline

dixie_flatline What's a Dremel?

Leave NPC names on, turn PC names off.

You need to create a custom display setting, then it's under the advanced tab. The frame gains are PHENOMENAL. I play on Lucan, which is a med/med Oceanic server with the settings on balanced; without PC names I can crank them up to High Quality and get solid FPS in the Inevitable City. You're not spending so much time communing with the servers to get the PC name details.

I agree with you on the graphics. As bigger and better iterations of GPU are released, I'd like to see the draw distance increase in game. You can't even customise it that much at the moment.

8. UrbanMarine

Well it finally happened. Dark Crag crashed last night because of the mass load of people. Mythic cloned our server and started offering transfers. Brings back memories from the days on Stormreaver.

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Nah I'm already on a custom setting, everything maxxed out, with Grass turned off (gives me jerks even on low settings) and AA on x16. Looks nice, but nothing more than that imho. LOTR and WoW both look better. I don't have the hardware to make Conan look anything other than butt ugly, so atleast one MMO looks worse I suppose. Some areas look pretty - the HE starting area, the underground dwarven city. Others look very bland and unexceptional - Empire, and DEs.

10. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I made a squig herder to check out the Greenskins initial area on the Wurtbad server. The lore and atmosphere of the Greenskins has me just giggling with the humor. If you see a little gobbie named Cheesecake, you'll know who it is. ;)

11. UrbanMarine

noooooo not another Greenskin lol.

Tags: