1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning: Finx AKA Bombboy442 AKA Michael Martin

Discussion in 'General' started by slau, 23 Aug 2001.

1. slau

slau What's a Dremel?

This guy used to be a member of staff at Slautech, until yesterday when I sacked him for appalling behaviour in the ProCooling forums... Today I find this out:

To: news-letter@guru3d.com
    Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 9:02 AM
    Subject: General Warning

Hello webmasters,
    This is a general warning to all of you.
    Recently an individual under the name Michael Martin teamed up voluntary with our site. He's well spoken and has quite some knowledge about articles and how to write them. After he submitted a test article I decided he could team up with us and help out with some guides.
    The minute his name was added on our site I got some calls from several companies.
    What's the catch, he writes, e-mails and calls up companies and tells them he's a senior editor of the site and then requests samples and ships them to his home address.
    An inventive way to get a lot of hardware cheap ...
    Quite a clever trick, of course he did not have our permission to do this.
    His data:
    Michael Martin
    nick: _finx_
    e-mail: bombboy482@hotmail.com, finx08@ameritech.net
    Be warned folks .."
    This is not only unethical but illegal. I personally will be doing everything in my power to make sure he knows that what he is doing is wrong. I know he has masked under many sites names including ProCooling.com and many others. I ask that you PLEASE send this warning to your MFG and company contacts to stop this kid from getting anything else free or cheap by short changing your sites.

Keep your eyes peeled for this nogooder site scamming guy. Not sure how much stuff he may have blagged in the name of Slautech, I dread to think...