1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam [WARNING - SPOILERS] Deus Ex Mankind Divided question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by liratheal, 4 Oct 2016.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Sooo.

Spoilers. Mission spoilers. Be warned!

I'm curious, last night I picked between robbing the Versalife Palisade vault, and going after Allison Stanek.

I broke into the corporate vaults through the parking garage (Albeit a convoluted route through the water feature outside..), and saw there were vaults for other companies - Jackpot, says I. I get back out and go searching for key cards. I've found all but the Versalife card, and I'm convinced I'm going mental, so I google it.

Apparently you get the Versalife card during main mission 12. Alright, I'm on 9, no wonder I don't have it. File it away in '**** to do later' with robbing the other vaults.

I meet Janus, and the meeting gets cut short blah blah blah, I go track down Stanek since it's in the same kind of area.

Asks me to save his daughter, I'm totally oblivious until I get there. Expecting Dvali thugs, and get cultists. Weird. Get a call from Alex - I have to pick between the bank and the daughter.

Think 'dah, don't be daft, I can do both' and plough on with the daughter saving.

One thing leads to another and nope, I can't do both.

Did I **** up missing the Versalife card somewhere? Is the B&E at Pallisade's corporate vault later on?

Or is this one of those 'hahanowyouhavetoplayitagain' moments?

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the versalife card is given to you as part of mission 12. you can only do one or the other. the solution: finish the game and go around again :)

3. liratheal

Ah, so mission 12 would be the actual B&E itself then?

I'm finding the numbering a little odd, more so with the side missions than anything.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

On the one hand, I liked that I was forced to make a choice between the 2 but also felt a bit disappointed there was no secret way to do both.
    Similar to how in 'The Missing Link' for Human Revolution, you had to make a hard choice between Saving Tiffany Savage or all of the other Inmates in the Rifleman Banks Facility but if you were lucky/observant/had the right Augmentations, there was a hidden way to save everyone.

FYI I choose to save Allison Stanek in Mankind Divided, mainly because I had a violent encounter in the bank a little earlier in the game (before I realized 1, possibly 2 missions would be set there later in the game.... oops.

5. liratheal

I, too, was hoping for a crafty "Oh, that was quick, hurry to the B&E and stop the convoy" type comment from Alex. Ah well.