1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was my dumbness lethal to a 9600 PRO? (Video card problem, duh)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hallq16, 1 Jul 2004.

1. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

Ok, story as follows: I have to remind myself that 1) metal conducts electricity 2) it's not good idea to fiddle around inside pc with screwdriver, specially when it may touch graphics card's core and cause some sparks to fly...

Card itself is Sapphire 9600PRO 128mb. As mentioned, i caused accidentally fireworks on that card, scredriver probably shorted out something, or not.
    Card still works (still, pc froze after that 'touch of death' but it worked fine after rebooting..., i get no artefacts in 3dmark2001 and 3dmark2003. Games* also run without artefacts (*=worms world party, sim city 4, ms flight sim). Still, is there a way to find out, have i damaged the card permanently or not at all?

oh btw, is this normal that 3dmark200* show memory of 128mb card as follows: "Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. (Omega 2.5.51)
    Name: SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 PRO ATLANTIS (Omega 2.5.51)
    Total Local Video Memory: 128 MB
    Total Local Texture Memory: 128 MB
    Total AGP Memory: 118 MB
    Display Driver: ati2dvag.d"

Is that 118mb normal? :worried:

2. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Hmmm...I think that the 118MB is the AGP Aparture size, nothing related with the card itself I belive (corect me if I'm wrong)

Cheers,
    Mike

3. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

AGP Aperture in motherboard's (epox 8rda+) bios is set to 256mb

4. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Hmmmm....dunno then...

Cheers,
    Mike