1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Water cooling 2 graphics cards.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pizan, 23 Oct 2008.

1. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

When i watercool my 8800GTXs, should i get a Y-splitter and cool them in parallel or just cool them in sequence?

Rad is TFC X-Changer 480 Quad, blocks are D-Tek FuZion GFX v2 and Uni-Sinks. CPU will probably be 9550 with D-Tek fuzion depending on how long I take to buy it.

2. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I'd got in sequence, no real reason to deal with them in parallel as the water temp shouldn't change much from the first card to the second.

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

If there the same blocks on both cards, which i imagin it would be, plus room to do so, i would go with parallel cooling with two Y splitters.

split the flow into the two blocks, and then re-connect the flow after the blocks. This should mean that both cards will run roughly at the same temps.

I would only do this if i had the two cards heavily overclocked, as temp difference can be as high as 10 degrees or more on the second card.

4. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Really? If that's true there's a problem someplace besides serial vs parallel loops. Water temperature can be thought of as the same throughout the whole loop, there simply isn't a 10 degree difference in water temp between inlet and outlet on a gpu block.

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

In SLI and CF setups the second card always runs hotter than the first if in a serial loop

6. pizan

pizan that's n00b-tastic

Thanks guys. I'm not sure how much of an overclock i will get out of them. The case is a DD Tower 26 so room should be good. I'll try them in sequence first but if the temp on the second card is high i'll switch it over.

Tags: