1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darklord, 11 Aug 2003.

1. darklord

darklord What's a Dremel?

ok , I've never done water cooling before but I am going to upgrade my server from a K6-500 to a duron 800 I have lying around the motherboard has the extra four holes in it and as it is a server I want it to be as quiet as poss. so has anybody any recomendations on a water cooling kit ( I am based in the UK )

darklord. :confused:

2. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Watercooling is a lot of expense just to cool a Duron, you're looking at £200-£500 for a decent setup, and because you're not gonna have a massive video card or be overclocking, you won't need GFX or NB cooling, so it will be a waste of money. If the only things in your computer making noise are your CPU fan and PSU, look into a Zalman flower (CNPS6000) for the CPU and a QuietPC or Antec PSU, for good silent performance.

3. Sid

Sid Banned

Who says he won't be overclocking? :D

Kameleon is probably right though, bit of a waste of money for that rig.

4. webchimp

webchimp What's a Dremel?

If you only want to watercool the CPU, what about the Asetek Waterchill kit reviewed on this site a while back.

Available at KustomPCs for £149.00. The only thing you should need to add to the kit is a bottle of de-ionised, de-mineralised or distilled water, which you should be able to pick up from a petrol station or car accessories shop for about 75 pence.

I've had the full kit with the extra GPU and Northbrigde waterblock for about a month now, it works faltlessly, was a doddle to set up and is virtually inaudible with the fan on the 7v setting.

5. darklord

i've been wandering around the web and came accross the thermal take water cooling ( about £80 from overclockers.co.uk ) , I know the waterchill one looks the biz but I just wondering if anyone knows if it is any good

6. Sid

Sid Banned

Can I ask why you want a watercooling system?

For overclocking? For looks? For silence?

7. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

TT aquarius II? I think there is copuple of people on these forums who are quite pleased with that kit.

But as the others have said, why do you want to watercool a duron800? for the extra `street cred`?

8. darklord

I had a rather top heavy HS fan set up on the MB/cpu ( rather stupidly mind you at the time no-one gave a damn ) when it was in my main rig so all I have left is the four holes and I don't plan on buying all new parts for the server rig ( the HD's etc will come out of my existing server rig ) and i've never done water cooling before and wanted to give it a go if it was for street cred it would go in my main rig.

9. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Save the money, get an slk 900 (if it will fit) or an alpha pal, (both use motherboard mounting holes)nice quiet papst, or ystech silent, and a thermaltake PSU... Gonna be almost slient with that lot, and temps should be reasonable....

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Get a zalman for like £20 and a GOOD papst/panaflo fan with it and you're laughin.

Not worth an £80 watercooling kit imo when youll get it just as quiet with an air cooling zalman kit.